Chapter 5: The Faces In My Head

It really frustrated me that she was acting like this towards him. Mostly because I knew she still loved him. She's pretty hot headed though, so this is a normal reaction for her. I, on the other hand, can't stay mad at people forever. Unless it's Scrotus, then yeah. I'm fucking livid.

Max is my brother though, I have to get over whatever hatred, anger, sadness, I feel towards him. I need him. He's the only blood related family I have left. I have to suck it up for that. I know he's a good person at heart, otherwise, I would feel bad vibes.

Me and Jeet were just wondering the Citadel talking. "So, uh, how'd your family die?" Jeet asked, making me stop in my tracks. I don't think he realized what he had said until it was too late. "They uh, they got sick. The night fevers got to them." I said quietly, my muscles tensing. "I'm sorry, Blondie. I didn't mean to bring something like that up" Jeet replied, patting my back. "Don't worry about it" I mumbled. "Anyways I'm gonna go see what Furiosa's doing" I say, nudging Jeet on the shoulder. He looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows playfully. I didn't want him worrying about how I felt about my family.

I walked around looking for Furiosa. She ran up behind me and gave me a hug from behind. "Hey, I was just looking for you" I say quietly. She kissed my check and turned me around to face her. "Hey, what's wrong?" Furiosa asked calmly, concern in her voice. "Nothing, I'm fine." I say kissing her softly, hopefully getting her to forget about the question. I didn't want to talk about it. I've been having really bad nightmares about all of it and talking about it is the last thing I want to do. I don't want to see their faces in my head again. It hurt to much.

"Well, I need to go speak with Jeet, I need to know when he will be gathering an army with us." Furiosa said, kissing me and walking away towards the cafeteria. I went back into my room and layed down. I was so tired. I wasn't getting much sleep. All I could manage was 30 minute naps that were interrupted with nightmares. The only time my nightmares weren't so bad is when Furiosa would sleep with me. I began losing myself in my thoughts and drifting to sleep.