Chapter 9: Sick Again

I woke up sweating, thankfully no nightmares this time. I didn't feel my best though. I figured Max and Phoenix would be back by now, it's already morning. It worried me a bit.

I got up, my whole body aching and sweaty. I can't be sick right now, this is such a bad time to be sick. I went down to the garage to see if Max or Phoenix were in there. They weren't, the care was still gone as well. I went back up the stairs and sat down to rest. It felt like all my energy was drained.

"Hey, you're awake!" Jeet said, comming and sitting down next to me. "Hey" I said softly leaning my head on his shoulder. I was really tired. "You don't look to good, blondie." He said, concern in his voice. "I'm just tired, don't worry about me okay?" I said getting up, and making my way to the cafeteria.

I spotted Furiosa and made my way to her. "Hey" I say sitting in front of her, laying my head down. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked. "Yeah, I'm fine" I say quietly, a sense of weakness in my voice. I lifted my head and she felt my forehead. "Ariadne, you're burning up!" She said, concern in her voice. "Furiosa, I'm fine, don't worry about me okay?" I said getting up and going back to my room and laying down. "Ariadne you're sick" She said comming in and laying next to me. "I promise I'll be fine" I say softly, exhaustion in my voice.

I knew I was sick. I just didn't want her to worry about me. I'm more concerned as to why Max and Phoenix haven't gotten back yet. It was mid day now and I was starting to really worry. "Where's Max and Phoenix?" I asked Furiosa. She looked at me and thought for a moment and got up and ran out of the room. She didn't know either. I was really worried and I felt like shit. I might need to go out there and find them.