Chapter 3: Getting Bad Again

I didn't know what she had to go through all these years but whatever it was, was hurting her. I knew how that felt. I knew I could help her if she'd let me. I went to my room and just stood there for a while before sitting on the small bed.

"Max, we need to talk" Phoenix spoke behind me, pulling me from my thoughts. "Mm?" I grunted. I was glad she wanted to talk but I wasn't gonna show it at all. I was still, well, hurt. Hurt and angry.

I turned to face her. "We need to figure out how we're gonna take out the local threats around here" She said, no emotion in her voice. I could see the hurt in her eyes. It made me hurt inside. I wanted to tell her that I needed her back and that I miss her, but noting was escaping my mouth. "Mmhm" I grunt. I didn't want to he cold towards her but I wasn't sure how else to be.

I just wanted to hold her close to me but she wasn't going to let that happen. Maybe Ariadne could help me out with her. I just know I need her back. I don't want us to be like this. "We could take a few war boys with us, with me and you together, threats won't be to hard to take out" I say sternly. She nodded and walked off. Probably to go find Furiosa.

I got up and went into the garage and sat next to my car. I remember when me and Phoenix went out and she got me that V8 engine. We bonded a lot through cars. I miss that day.

I got lost in my thoughts again. Then I hear them again. "You said you would save us, Max? Where are you? You let us die, Max" the multiple voices screamed in my head. I clenched my fists tight and my muscles tensed. I looked around, nothing, of course. The voices in my head were getting bad again. Almost like I was alone, all the time. "I tried to save you" I mumble to myself. I couldn't help them. They were already gone.