Chapter 15: Tommy

I went to the garage and sat down holding my head with my hands. Sometimes if people are hostile towards me, the voices are too. "You let us die!" The multiple voices screamed in my head. I clenched my fists and closed my eyes tight.

I felt soft gentle hands cup my face and the voices silenced. "Max...they're getting bad again aren't they?" Phoenix asked. I opened my eyes, she was crouched in front of me. Her soft eyes met mine. "Mm" I grunted. "You should have told me" She said calmly. I didn't say anything back. I pulled her into a tight hug. My muscles were still tense, I couldn't relax.

The little boy and Dog came in the room now. Dog ran up to me licking my face, knowing that I was upset. I let go of Phoenix and pet his soft fur. It dawned on me that I still didn't know the name of the boy. I guess I'd have to be patient. He would have told me his name if he wanted too. "My names Tommy" his little voice spoke up. I was shocked, me and Phoenix looked at each other and then at Tommy and smiled. He crawled on my back held on, I held him like I was giving him a piggy back ride. Phoenix went to check on Jeet and Ariadne.

It was getting late now, I decided to take him and get him cleaned up before bed. I got him cleaned up and into clothes that were a bit big on him. I picked him up and took him to my room and Dog followed behind us. I layed him down and layed down next to him. I wanted to make sure he felt safe.

Dog got up and layed at the foot of the bed but closer to us. Tommy had fallen asleep and I was dozing off. I still felt tense. My eyes started to close and Tommy snuggled next to me. I fell asleep.