Chapter 18: Up All Night

I didn't sleep after she got back into bed, I stayed awake with her for the rest of the night, just talking. She shook and shivered even under the blankets, she was cold and hot at the same time. I wiped her down every now and then with some water. All of a sudden the door swumg open and to our surprise in walked Dog, who opened the door all by himself. He hopped on the bed, laying between Ariadne's legs and looking up at her.

"Hi" she rasped, rubbing his head with her hand he crawled closer to her, laying his head in her lap. "So... Where'd the little guy come from?" She asked, looking up at me, she was in pain but she was fighting it off pretty well. I leaned back, braiding the strands of her golden hair gently, she said it was relaxing, and I enjoyed doing it.

"When we were driving back, I saw him in the sand, Max went and picked him up and we brought him home" I kissed her head gently. "I don't know where he came from... Or how he survived" the two of us sat in thought for a moment, it seemed almost impossible but, when did anything ever make sense here anymore.

"I'm kinda worried about what Phoenix said" she turned a little to look more at my face "about no enemies in the wasteland, where could they have all gone? It doesn't add up" she sighed "even if Skitzo was training them, there were a lot of war boys, from places on the map we haven't even gone to yet" she was absolutely right, and the more I thought about it the scarier it got.

"Let's just hope for the best right now, the war council is putting everything together" I rubbed her arms comfortingly. She let out a big sigh, coughing into her elbow after.   The door opened again and Jeet's head popped through. "BLONDIE?" He whispered, pulling himself into the room. "Oh ok just wondering if you were doing ok" he chuckled, looking at me and Ariadne all cuddled up "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" he took a large swig from the bottle.

"Jeet... Jeet what is that you're drinking anyway?" I laughed, only asking now.

"WASTELAND MOONSHINE" he laughed "I'm a Bonduraunt" he laughed in a shorty country accent, laughing at himself after and walking out. "Feel better Blondie" he spoke in a sing song kinda way before closing the door behind him. We laughed a little bit together, but he laughter ceased as she curled into a tighter ball now shaking, she couldn't eat a lot, she was losing so,e weight.

I rocked her back and forth, humming gently to her trying my best to keep her calm and keep her heart rate steady, the medicine helped somewhat with the pain, but she still had to tough it out. I kissed the top of her head repeatedly, whispering just how much I loved her in between all of them.

"I'm glad I found you Furiosa. You're the best thing out of this wasteland". I smiled, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks as I blushed. She gave me the best smile she could, dog came up a little bit, licking her face gently and nuzzling into her, she wrapped her arms around him holding him close, it seemed that Dog always knew when to come around. She managed to doze off again, but I knew it wouldn't be for long, but I decided to let her sleep as much as she could holding her until she woke up again.