Sal 2

It was your first day of your senior year of high school and the last thing you wanted to think about was a relationship or anything along the lines of feelings. You wanted nothing more but to graduate with at least a 3.5 GPA. However, there was one thing holding you back.

     It was Salvatore Vulcano, or Sal, as he preferred. You had known him since kindergarten and every year he just seemed to get even more attractive. He was no more 'popular' than you were, but you never seemed to cross paths. You always had a lowkey crush on him, but never acted on it. You always wished he'd like you back that way, but you never took the time to investigate.

     This year, everything changed. It seems that his attractiveness level SKYROCKETED. You walked into homeroom and there he was, sitting in the front row of desks. He had managed to grow a fantastic stubbly beard and wore cutest hipster-esque glasses. He smiled at you and patted the seat next to him. Your breath hitched and you blushed as you sat down.

     "So, (y/n), how was your summer?" he said in his cute yet rough voice. "Oh, it was f-fun! And how about yours, Salvatore?" you managed to get out, smiling. "Please, call me Sal. And it was pretty cool, pretty chill." he said as the teacher walked in. "Hey, I wanna talk to you later. Okay?" he whispered and winked at you. You just smiled and shook your head in agreement.

...*timejump to the final two periods of your day*

     You walked into AP Chemistry, and to your surprise, you saw Sal sitting alone in the back table of the room. You cutely walked over and asked him "is this seat taken?" in which he responded with "it is now," and a smile. You tossed your bag to the floor and sat next to Sal.

     All through class you saw Sal doodling all around the class syllabus rather than paying attention. You didn't feel comfortable enough around him to tell him to pay attention, so you let him go. You had no idea how artsy he was, but that only made him more attractive.

     Before you even knew it, the end bell rang. You gathered up your belongings to leave when Sal grabbed your arm. "Wait for me-" he said, throwing his stuff in his bag. You stood there and watched the cutie in action.

     He threw his bag on and then grabbed your hand, walking out the Chemistry door, through the hallway and into the gym. The bleachers were still pulled out from earlier's assembly. He pulled you under with him and pushed you against the wall.

     "I've known you for what seems like forever, and I've always wanted to do this. Over the years, I've noticed you wanted it too. So, if I may..." he said as he gently grabbed your cheek and pulled you in to kiss him. You grabbed his other arm with yours and kissed him passionately with him matching. You pulled away as you heard the gym teacher walk in.

     You peeked through the seats of the bleachers to see where he was heading. You looked back at Sal and he was still smiling. He walked up behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist while resting his forehead on his shoulder. All you could do was smile.

Maybe you could make a compromise between grades and a relationship, he was worth it.