Chapter 26 Young and In Love

Chapter 26 Hunter's POV
I walked into Lauren's room as she lied there. Hopelessly. I sniff and wiped my tear away from my eye. I walked and sat down in a chair right next to her and looked at her,"the doctor said you're on life support. You know what happened when they told me the news? I spent an hour trying to figure out what I would tell Hunter that his mom won't come home anymore." I stopped as I choked up on hard tears. My hands were folded on my lap as I looked down then up at her," you don't deserve this pain. I do. It was my fault and I deserve to live with this pain. They also told me that I have 24 hours to pull it or not." I stood up in anger,"OPEN YOUR EYES! YOU HAVE TO FIGHT IT! RIGHT NOW IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE YOU'RE TRYING. I NEED YOU BABY MORE THAN YOU NEED ME. I KNOW I'VE HURT YOU IN THE PASS, BUT YOU HAVE A SON AT HOME WHO NEEDS A MOM AND I DON'T THINK I CAN HANDLE BEING A SINGLE DAD." I put my hands on my head and took a deep breathe as I looked at her again,"Lauren, if you leave me, not only will I not forgive you, but I will never forgive myself. Hell, I'll make an album about how I'll never forgive myself. Can you fight for me?" I looked at her waiting for response, waiting for a miracle. But the more I looked at her, the more guilt, sorrow grew on me. I fell to my knees and cried on her bed. Loud. Hard. Barely breathing. I looked up as I could feel my eyes red, my cheeks soaked, I grabbed her hand and kissed it as I sat back up on the chair and still holding it,"🎶you're my wild card, baby you're my wild card. You're my wild card, baby, YOU'RE MY WILD CARD🎶" I sang as it was one of her favorite songs. I smiled thinking of the funny memories we had together. I tried not crying as I leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the forehead as a tear hit her. I backed up and walked to the door as I looked back at her as tears just ran down my face like water coming out of the shower. "Pull it." I said as the nurse nodded her head. As she was about to pull it, Lauren coughed loudly and opened her eyes...