Chapter Six

(December; Emma aged 18)

Antonio was on top of me, starring into my eyes and leaning in more close, what was I supposed to do he's my best friend. Our noses were touching, it was getting more wired, is he going to kiss me?

No, nah man he just considers me as a friend.

Then why is he leaning in closer to me?

Then my phone rang.

Who is that, they just had to disturb us! didn't they?' Creepy voice in my hard said. The voice sounds so familiar.

Antonio used his hands to push himself off the ground. He stretched forth his hand to help me up, I took his hand and hauled myself up.

When I got up the phone had stopped ringing. I checked to see who was calling me, it was mom so I called her back. After a few rings she picked up.

"Hey mom, you called?"

"Yeah, come home early because I'm gonna be leaving a bit early than before, like around 6 o' clock," mom informed.

"Sure, take care—"
"Don't forget, alright?" mom interrupted.

"Yes mom, bye."

"Bye," and the call ended.

I checked the time and it was already five thirty. Wow, I didn't even realise it was that late.

"Ant, mom called. She wants me home by six o' clock." I informed him, "We should get going." He agreed and we left.

**

Antonio was with me when I got home, mom's date had already arrived and was at the door about to knock when we approached him. "Good evening, uhm… she'll be down in a moment," as he turned around I remembered him. He was the doctor from the hospital. I remembered mom telling me that she was going on a date with him. He was dressed in a suit like a gentleman with a bouquet of roses for mom. I quickly opened the door and let him,l. I showed him to the living room, he sat on the couch to wait for mom. Antonio stood at the door, I went to call mom but as I was about to go upstairs mom came down dressed in a beautiful royal blue dress, her hair in a ponytail, makeup well done and accessories to match with her outfit.

"How do I look?" Mom asked.

"You look beautiful," I replied, "Your date is already here."

"So will you be at home alone all the time?" mom asked.

I thought of Antonio, when he suddenly appeared next to me. I blinked my eyes, something is wrong with me. I need to have a psychiatric evaluation done. Like seriously, something is wrong with my mind. I think those pills messed it up.

"She wouldn't be alone, I'll stay here with her, if that's okay with you," Antonio brought me out of my thoughts. The way he appeared like that was sort of weird because I didn't hear his footsteps.

Mom looked at me, "Will you be okay with this?" she questioned.

I looked at mom then at Antonio and nodded, "Mom you don't have to worry about me, I'm eighteen plus I'll have Antonio here with me."

Mom engulfed me in a hug, "Alright, take care. I might be home a bit late," then she turned towards Antonio, "Antonio make sure your parents know that you're staying with Emma. Bye you two!" I said goodbye and she left with her date.

I turned at looked at Antonio, "You know, you didn't have to stay, I would have been fine all alone."

He pursed his lips, "Well I'm, still staying," he announced and I heard a voice in my head saying 'I wanted to spend some time with you, hope you are okay with that' this was the third time that happened, it was kind of weird. I just shrugged it off. I might as well be running mad. Maybe Antonio said that out loud but my mind decided to play games with me. Yeah, I'll go with that.