ii. the aftermath

henry (camelot )
i walked to her with two red cups in each hand. she stood there, lost in her thoughts. her lonely body turned to mine while i held out my right hand offering the drink. she took it, not looking up. i attempted to create a conversation, but our lack of similarities stopped that. i set my drink down next to me and pulled out my ipod and it's tangled earbuds (which caught her attention).
henry (granny's diner ☕︎)
time skip (six weeks)
i sat in an unoccupied booth next to her across from my grandparents snow and charming. i looked across the diner and saw someone standing in front of the hardly used jukebox. unaware of what i was getting myself into, i walked to the back end of the resturant. the girl in front of the jukebox, violet, seemed amused at the contraption standing before her. when i stood next to her, she let her suspicion overwhelm her. she asked me about the jukebox, and i could tell she wasn't from our world. i explained how to use the ancient device while music blared throughout the diner. i looked back to where i was previously seated, and saw that there was an empty presence of where she last took her place.
jess (aka her)
i tried to look past snow, past david, past roland, but the image distantly in front of me could not allow me to do so. i felt happy for henry, i think. i didn't know what to think. i love him, but he loves her. or not. maybe. i don't know. considering that i haven't seen my best friend in six weeks, it hurt a little to see him with someone else. but, if he's happy that's all that matters.
henry has always had other crushes that he would tell me about, that is, when we were younger. once the curse was lifted and new conflicts were brought amongst the people of storybrooke, we haven't had much time to find an interest in others. i have always had a crush on henry, but that tiny detail sometimes stood in the shadows when it comes to our friendship. i've dropped hints before, but he always seemed to shrug it off.
this time, though, it was different. she was from camelot; i could tell. she's not from here. she could have been royalty for all i know. i couldn't take it anymore; to see henry with another girl hurt. yet, i still felt a grin appear on my face. without notifying anyone, i left the resturant. i walked out of the door to go to my nonexistent home with my nonexistent parents still feeling sorry for myself.
⤵︎
so yeah !! btw, the next chapter will open more about jess's past life and her life now. throughout the story there may be flashbacks too !! i hope you're enjoying the story so far !! comment opinions // theories about jess's past !
︎︎