xix. happy thoughts

henry mills, come for what you want. you know who this is, and you know what we both want.

storybrooke - the woods - henry mills and anonymous

he stood where he was before his best friend became lifeless. he stood in the same spot where he and his former enemy had once debated.

time ticked, and the boy that brought henry the note took what felt like eternities to appear. he waited with his hands in his black pea coat that was layered upon a red flannel and maroon hoodie. his hood was placed on his head, and for no apparent reason, well, to himself at least. it was a habit he would do when he didn't have many happy thoughts to think about.

henry walked around in circles and paced around until he finally decided to summon the boy. everything was coming back to him, almost like his life was on replay.

he sighed and opened his mouth to speak, but a familiar british accent cut him off.

"it was about time you summon me."

henry turned around and faced the most infamous peter pan.

"what is it, pan?"

"you know what I want. and what you're here for. what you don't know is why I'm here."

using magic, he appeared from one side of the circular area they stand in to another.

"you're here because.. you need something."

"ah, yes, henry! aren't you the smartest person in the world. you should be given the nobel prize!" pan mocked as henry rolled his eyes.

"what I need is what you contain."

"how do I know you're not lying? how do i-"

"you didn't let me finish, boy."

"what is it."

"I'm dying."

"again."

"i was able to survive after the hourglass ran out of sand with the help of a called 'magic' and 'potions'"

"not surprising." the truest believer remarked.

"i need your heart." pan said, ignoring what his great grandson had once said.

henry stepped back in shock, but we all know it wasn't surprising. pan is desperate, and the potion only helped him live another four years. it didn't help him retain his youth. he aged, but was not aware of it, until only a few weeks ago.

"pan,"

"you didn't let me finish, either you can give me your heart," he continued, "or you can give me tiger lily back."

"wha-" he didn't have time to finish. the deal appalled him. henry nearly fell to the floor, but his great grandfather caught him. if he wanted to get his heart, he needed to show he cared, at least.

henry was placed back on his feet, but almost fell back once pan shot right at him to the point where their noses were almost touching. they looked eye to eye.

"you let me have jess, you keep your heart. you keep jess, I take it." he said, only audible for the two of them to hear.

"if you don't have your decision by the time she wakes up, you better be prepared for a fight."

little did either of them know that jess would awaken two days later.

@ pan to @ henry: square up
hENRY IN A HOOD?? hENRY IN A MAROON SWEATER???
IWHESHAKSHSJSHAJKS