✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Kill or Be Killed

Emerald Coast Florida, 1 year ago. (3rd Person POV)

Mason Lockwood sat at a bar, gulping down a beer. Many people were visiting there for spring break. Young woman, underage, were flirting with the older men just to get some alcohol… and perhaps a fun time.

But Mason didn’t pay much attention to it. He was just here for a few beers and to watch the television they provided. It wasn’t unusual that he was there, but little did Mason know that later that night his life would be changed forever.

“That’s it for me.” Mason told the bartender who he was some what familiar with, he held out his hand and they shook across the wooden bar.

The bartender nodded pulling back, “Goodnight.”

Mason then stood up from the bar stool that he was sitting at, and turned and walked towards the red letters that said exit. Little did Mason know, his old time friend was staring at him in hatred.

His friend gulped down a shot and then followed him outside of the bar. Mason was a few paces ahead, so the man ran up and pushed him. Mason turned around.

“Mason.”

Mason’s face broke out into a smile, “Woah, hey there Jimmy easy. Let’s get you home-”

“Screw you!” Jimmy yelled and pushed him again. Anger was clear in his hazy eyes, “I know about you and Marla.”

“What are you talking about?” Mason asked frustrated, “You’ve had too much to drink let’s-”

Mason was then grabbed by the throat. Mason ground his teeth together and ripped his arm away from his neck, and then shoved his friend back.

“What’s up!? It’s me Mason! I’m not messing with Marla you know that!”

Jimmy then lunged forward and swung his fist hitting Mason’s left cheek causing him to stumble backwards. Mason got up quickly from where he had fallen and grabbed his friends shoulders holding him back.

“You don’t want to do this buddy.” Mason warned.

“I’ll kill you!” Jimmy seethed.

Then Mason was thrown to the ground and kicked in the face. Mason groaned in pain from the impact of the blow. He was repeatedly kicked, until finally Jimmy straddled him and started pounding on his face.

Meanwhile, Mason’s anger was rising. He had been holding back because the man attacking him was his long time friend and he didn’t want to hurt him. But Mason being a Lockwood- had  a very short fuse.

Mason pushed his friend off of him, causing him to fly back onto the ground. Jimmy got back up and then Mason lifted him up and slammed him down onto the ground. Only forgetting that that could easily crack his friends skull.

And that’s exactly what it did.

Jimmy laid on the cold cement unmoving. His pale eyes were lifeless as they were still open. Mason soon- realizing what he had done crouched down next to him and grabbed his face.

“Jimmy… Jimmy.” Mason repeated turning, and lightly hitting his face. Trying to get a response out of his once friend. Mason then stood up and was horrified by what he had done.

He had killed his friend, he had brought a curse amongst himself…

The curse of being a werewolf.

You see that is how you become one, by killing someone.

Mason’s eyes then became an unnatural green, and he gasped. Falling to his knees, he knew what was happening… He had always feared that this day would come.