Chresanto

•Chres•

I walked into my house to see my mom watching 'How To Get Away With Murder'. I heard my 10 year old sister Jamaica and her friends laughing in her room. "Wassup ma." "Hey baby." "Where's dad?" "I think he's outside." I nodded and went outside through the back. I saw my dad sitting in the garage smoking. "Dad?" "The fuck you want? You just damn caught me smoking!" "I thought you said you quit smoking?" "Well I didn't!" "I see that now." "Well what the fuck do you want?" "I just wanted to say hi, but you obviously don't want to talk right now, so bye." I said turning around. "Get your ass back here!" He slurred. "Dad, you're drunk and high. Do you want some water?" I asked going into the mini fridge. I grabbed a water bottle and opened it. I handed him the water but he slapped it out my hand. "Come here and fight me like a man!" He shouted. "Dad I'm not even trying to fight you. You're drunk and smell like weed. You need to drink some water and calm down before mom comes out and sees you." "Ion' care bout her seeing me. You're a disappointment as a son. So for that you gon' fight me like a damn man!" "You really want to fight me?" "Yes! Now put your hands up!" I rolled my eyes and punched him on his jaw. He fell back and was out cold from all his smoking and drinking. I picked him up and carried him into the garage. Once I got him in I opened the door that led to the basement and put my dad on the recliner in there. After I did that I closed the garage and went upstairs. "What took so long honey?" My mom asked. "Dad wasn't outside, he was in the basement with the tv on and stuff. I was just turning it off." I lied. "Oh, thank you." I nodded and went upstairs to my room. Before I went into my room I knocked on Jamaica's door. She opened the door and asked, "Yeah Chres?" "How long will your friends be here?" "They're leaving in like an hour or two." I nodded and went to my room. I sat in my chair and got on my computer. I have my own little recording studio in my room. It's not a big deal though, just a mic, those pads on the wall for sound, and I use my computer to make the beats and stuff. I started playing the chorus of Take You Down by Chris Brown. I pressed record and started singing.

Let me take you down

I really wanna take you down

And show you what I'm about

Can I take you now,

Ya body body ooh

Your body body up and dooown

So don't stop

Girl get it

Quit playin' wit' it

Can't waaait nooo mooore

I wanna take you down

I really wanna take you down,

Take you down

When I finished the chorus I stopped recording and put it in with the rest of the song I recorded at different times. I heard clapping outside my door, so I opened it. Jamaica and her two friends were standing outside my door clapping. I raised an eyebrow and asked, "What?" "You! We heard you singing." One of her friends said. "Oh..." "You're really good." The other one said. "...Thanks." "He doesn't sing in front of people." Jamaica said. "Well it really wasn't in front of us it was behind a door." The first girl said. I shrugged and went back in my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jamaica's friends left about an hour ago, and my mom, Jamaica, and I were sitting at the table eating dinner. "Where's daddy?" Jamaica asked. "Chres didn't you say he was sleep in the basement." I nodded and kept eating my pasta. "Can you go bring him up?" I shook my head no. "Why not?" I shrugged my shoulders and continued eating. I really didn't want to see my dad after what happened earlier today. Wether he was drunk or not, we've never had a strong relationship. I think it's because I'm a momma's boy. He's never told me he loved me, but he tells Jamaica he loves her all the time. That's why I love my mom more than my dad. Plus I have Andria's parents, and her family. They treat me like family so I don't really need my dad. But I choose not to tell my mom the things he says to me, and what I've caught him doing because I don't want to see her hurt. "Chresanto August, go get your father!" I sighed and got up. I walked to the door, when I was about to open the door my dad opened it. He glared at me, and I glared at him. "You better not tell your mother shit. Got me?" He whispered. "Whatever." I said walking away. I sat back down at the table and continued eating. "So baby you must've worked hard if you took a 5 hour nap." My mom said."Something like that." My dad said. "More like nothing like that." I mumbled. "What was that?" My dad asked. "Nothing." I said. "You said something under your breath." "No I didn't." "Yes you did! I'm not fucking crazy, you said something!" "Nathan, calm down." My mom said. "I am calm!" Dad shouted stabbing a knife in the table. "Dad you almost stabbed Jamaica's hand!" I shouted. "I ain't do shit!" "Nathan watch your mouth." "You know what our son did to me? He punched me in the fucking face!" Everyone looked at me and my mom asked, "Chresanto August, did you punch your father?" "He said I was a disappointment of a son, and to fight him like a man. So that's what I did." "Chresanto now you're just lying. Your father would never say that. Your grounded!" I rolled my eyes and went to my room. I loathe my life.