Chapter 22.

•Chres•

Why is my family so weird? Who the hell listens to Future on Christmas? Only my family. Only my family gets so drunk that they end up leaving the next morning smelling like alcohol. They wonder why I stay in my room. It's cause all the adults are fucking crazy! The only ones who actually stay downstairs are all the adults and some of my cousins who drink underage and sneak out to smoke. Then upstairs it's all the younger kids (1-14) and all the older kids who don't smoke and drink and stuff. All of the younger ones are in Jamaica's room, and then it's just me and Justis in my room. I envy my cousins who chose not to come this year, because I'd rather be anywhere else but here.

    Justis and I sat on my bed on skype with Jacob and Andria, while a few of my other cousins were on my computer and stuff. "What happened to your arm?" Justis asked Andria. She started laughing and said, "So you know how we do that competition thing, right?" We all nodded and she continued. "Well me and Jamal were going at it over something that happened almost 10 years ago. And then he picked up a piece of glass, but he thought it was ice covered in snow, so he threw it at me. Then it hit my arm and cut it. I didn't know it was cut, and I took the hose and sprayed him with it. I guess I forgot to put it on low, cause that water was hard and fast. It ended up hitting him in his shoulder and dislocating it. We just got back from the hospital like an hour ago. We still cool though, cause they were accidents. We had to end the competition for the night though." All of us were in shock. "Oh, and the cops came. Our new neighbors called them because they heard 'screams of bloody murder'. They act like they've never heard a scream before." I swear I really want to go to Christmas at Andria's house. "Justis!" I heard a little girl say in the background. On Jacob's camera a little girl popped up, and  started laughing. "So you talked your parents into adopting her, I see." "It was amazing. Daddy proposed to mommy, and I got a lot of stuff I never got at the orphanage." "Wait, your dad proposed?" I asked. "Yeah this morning." "So, you're Jacob's little sister?" "Yup! My name is Ari, and I'm six. Remember that. And you're Jacob's friend , and you're Andria, Jacob's other friend and Chresanto's girlfriend. But I just want to know. Justis if Andria is your best friend, how come you're sitting next to her boyfriend?" "He's my cousin. And they're not dating." "Oh. You lied to me!" Ari plucked Jacob's cheek and walked out the room. We all laughed and continued talking. "I have to go. My dad just asked for my poker cards." "So just give it to him." "I did. But they're going to get mad at each other soon, and starting talking about stuff that happened in like 1989, and I'm not trying to miss that. And they want to play uno, and I need to go fry them bitches." We laughed as Andria hung up.

    Jacob, Justis, and I continued talking  for a couple more hours before Jacob had to go. We heard yelling going on downstairs, but their words were slurring out, so we knew they were drunk. "I wish they would stop drinking. Sometimes it just scares the shit out of me." Justis said. "Yeah. They need to think about the kids, cause they're acting all crazy while they're drunk, and it can put them in danger." I agreed. "Did Aunt Kristen come?" "Yeah. She's about to leave though." "I'm about to leave with her, for real for real." Justis got up and went downstairs. I followed behind her, and when I got downstairs I saw my dad and uncle swinging at each other, but they're drunk. "Aunt Kristen!" I shouted. "Shut up boy. I got a headache!" My older cousin said. She's that one cousin that you just have to say something back to no matter what. "I'll shut up, when your daughter shut her legs. How many kids she got now, like 8? I'm pretty sure none of them by the same did either." She shut her mouth real quick and I kept walking. "Aunt Kristen!" Justis and I shouted again. We went downstairs in the basement and saw her watching tv. "Hey Aunt Kristen." Justis said sitting down next to her. "Hey little babies. Did y'all get tired of the yelling too?" "Yeah. When you leaving?" I asked. "Couple minutes. Why?" "Can we leave with you? Pleaseeee?" "I'm staying at a hotel." "So?" "Do you want all your cousins to come?" "We can go ask." Justis suggested. Aunt Kristen nodded, so we ran up the stairs. Everyone was knocked out on the couches, chairs, etc. First we went into Jamaica's room. "How many of you want to go to Aunt Kristen's hotel?" Justis flat out asked.

   Everyone basically said they wanted to go, but luckily there weren't a lot of us this year. Aunt Kristen had a three row car, so all of us would be able to fit. And we all had an over night bag, because like I said normally we end up staying the night at the hosts house, because all the parents are drunk. When we were ready we climbed into the truck, and went to Aunt Kristen's hotel. It's more fun when we're with Aunt Kristen or basically anywhere without our alcoholic relatives. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez played and half the girls sang. "You don't even know anything about love, be quiet." Aunt Kristen laughed. Soon we got to the hotel and it was nice. When we got to her room, we all went to put our pajamas on, while Aunt Kristen decided on what to watch. We ended up eating pizza and other junk food, and watching Charlie Brown.

Some Christmas.