Chapter 34.

•Trey•

I walked passed two girls sitting on the steps and I saw her sister Andria. I only knew it was her because Mia showed me a picture of her. The front door was open and when I walked in the instant smell of Spanish foods and loud music hit me. Mia saw me and she glared at me before she came up to me. "Mia, is that your boyfriend?" Her dad, I'm guessing asked. "Oh! Hey Trey!" Mia said, putting on a fake smile as she came up to me. I hugged her and she flicked the back of my head. "Hey baby." I said. "I'm glad you could come." "As am I. I'm Anthony, Mia's father." I forgot Mia had told me she was mixed. "Nice to meet you sir. I'm Trey." I introduced myself and we shook hands. "Aren't you her producer?" "Yes, sir." "So you haven't known her for long?" "No, but we spent so much time together, that I basically learned as much as I could about her." "Yeah, we're very very happy." Mia said. "I hear unfamiliar voice." I heard an elderly woman's voice say. "Abuela, this is my boyfriend Trey." Mia said.

I was introduced to all of Mia's family members that were there and we all had a pretty good time.

~~~~

I ended up leaving and going over to Mia's parents house with them. I sat on the couch with Mia and played with my hair. "You wanna drive out to Jersey to meet my family?" I asked her. "Maybe tomorrow, I'm kinda tired." Mia said. "Don't you think I was tired when I drove all the way out here?" "Yeah, but you were already on your way before I even asked you to come, so that's your fault." "How is it my fault if I see something about my girlfriend and I need to ask her about it?" "Well what do you want to ask?" "Can we go outside and talk about this?" "No. Anything you want to say you can say around my family." "Fine. Why the hell were you with your ex last night?" The way her face cringed I felt like a lie was coming. "I came home after the flight." Mia said. "Then what the fuck is this?" I said, reaching into my jacket pocket and tossing a magazine to her. "I don't feel comfortable talking about this in-" "I thought we could talk about anything around your family? That is what you said." Her parents and siblings were all looking at us, trying not to seem noticeable.

Now I was furious. She not only hung out with her ex without telling me, but she also lied about hanging out with him. "I know what I said! Can we just talk about this outside?" We went outside and she pushed me. "Who the fuck do you think you are coming up in my parents house yelling and shit?!" Mia shouted. "Who the fuck do you think you are lying about who you hangout with?!" I shouted pushing her back. "I'm sorry, ok?" "Why the fuck did you even go with him in the first place?" "We were just talking! Fuck outta here." "But why? I found out that you two were together from Gia, Ryan, Instagram, and a fucking magazine! Why didn't you tell me you just wanted to go fuck the shit out of your ex?" Mia looked at me like I was crazy, then pushed me once again. "I'm getting tired of you pushing me." I said pushing her back. "I'm tired of you not trusting me and telling me what to do!"

Both of us started pushing each other back and forth. "Well maybe if you didn't do dumb shit like this, I wouldn't have to!" I pushed Mia one more time and she stumbled back. She ran up to me and slapped me. "Dumb? This is new to me! I did not know the paparazzi would show up and make it bigger than it really is!" Mia shouted in my face. "So, if the paparazzi hadn't shown up, you would've kept it to yourself?" I said throwing my hands up in exasperation. "I would've told you! I just didn't want you on my back like you are now." "Mane, fuck it. I'm out."

I started walking to my car and right when I got down the steps Mia said, "Fine. Maybe while you're gone you can learn how to not make such a big deal of things." I turned around and looked at her. "I do shit like that because I'm your boyfriend! I fucking care about you, Mia! I don't care if you don't like it, I'll do it because I care about you. Yeah, as your producer I care about your voice, but as your boyfriend I care about you. I'll do anything for you, but you just think I'm nagging." I continued walking to my car, before Mia called me. "I'm sorry. I should've told you." Mia said, coming up to me. "Yeah, you should have." "Trey, I'm serious. It was wrong of me and I'm really sorry." I stood there and looked at Mia as she twisted her hair. "Please forgive me." Mia pleaded. I shrugged and she sighed.

When she turned around and started walking back to her house I grabbed her arm and faced her towards me. Mia was about to say something, but before she could I kissed her passionately. I snaked my arms around her waist and put my forehead on hers. "I forgive you. And don't ever think I don't love you." "Ok." "I fucking love you, Mia."