Chapter 8.

•Eric•

     It was now music and I didn't know what room to go to. "Yo afro puff!" I shouted. "Wassup." "Where's the music room." "I'm going there too, so just follow me." I nodded and then it got quiet. "So um...what's up with Chresanto and Andria? Are they together or something?" "Nope. They're just bestfriends." "And you guys aren't?" "Of course we are. They've just known each other for their entire lives. And Justis is Chres' cousin by the way." "So they've always been together, and do everything together?" "Yeah basically." I nodded and we got into the music room.

     "Ok class, so today we'll start something new. Everyone has to give a performance in front of the class in two weeks. I will pick two people from each class who I thought were outstanding, and list them in the talent show later on in the year. Got it?" The whole class said yeah or nodded and started working on stuff. Jacob came over and asked, "What're you going to do?" "Probably sing. I don't really dance or nothing. What about you?" "Dance." "You dance?" "Yeah. Is there a problem with that?" "No. What style?" "Hip hop." "Oh ard. What song will you do?" "Loyal by Chris Brown. What song you doing?" "Nothing But Trouble by Lil Wayne ft. Charlie Puth." "Cool."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    It was still raining and I was on my way to my car. I got in and was about to pull off until I saw Andria walking. I rolled down the window and said, "Need a ride?" She just looked at me and rolled her eyes. "Where's your sister?" "..." "So you just gon' do a nigga like that?" "..." "Fine then. Be like that." I was about to pull off but Andria said, "Sorry." "What was that?" I asked. "Just let me in!" "Fine then." I unlocked the door and Andria got in.

"So where's your sister?" I asked. "She has detention. My moms picking her up later." "Ok. So where to?" "Library." "Seriously?" "Yeah is there a problem?" "This car will not go to a library." "Yes the fuck it will." "No not while I'm driving. Do you want to drive? Wait, you can't cause you don't have your damn license!" "Then let me out! I can walk!" Just then thunder boomed. "No." There was an awkward silence after that. I pulled up in front of the library and said, "Listen I'm sorry. We got off on the wrong foot. Can we start over?" Andria looked at me and smiled. "I would love to." "I'm Eric." "Andria. And you can keep going. I wasn't really going to the library, just to the bus stop right there." Andria said pointing to the bus stop. "Well tell me where to go."

    Andria gave me directions to her house, and we spent the rest of the ride listening to music, making jokes and stuff. "So I'm going to a party for Halloween and I wanna know if you want to come with?" I asked. "Umm, no. And it's not because of you, I just don't do parties, plus I'm taking my sisters Manir and Duchess out trick or treating with Chres and his sister Jamaica." "There's another August?" I said disgustedly. "Hey! Don't hate on the August family." "I wasn't. It was just a question." "Sure."

     I stopped in front of a house and Andria looked at me and smiled. "Thanks for the ride." She was about to get out the car until I said, "Since we're friends I can get your number right?" "Yeah I guess." Andria put her number in my phone and I put mine in hers. "Later bae." I smiled. "I'm not your bae." "You will be soon." "Whatever." I watched as Andria got out the car and went inside her house. My bae.