Chapter 40. (Pt. 2)

•Omniscient•

"Marry me." Aaron said. Mia stood there, shocked as ever. "I'm not legal, yet. You'd get arrested or something." Mia said still clinging to his chest. "Your birthday's in September. I can wait." "Then yes. I'd love to–wait," Mia stopped because something crossed her mind, "If you're going to be in Washington and I'm going to be in LA, how would that work?" "We'll work it out." "Okay, then yes, I'll marry you." Aaron kissed her forehead and asked, "You gonna come to the party?" "No. That's for the boys. I'm gonna go to the hotel with your parents."

~~~~~
3 hours later...

     Aaron walked into the hotel room, tired as hell from the party. He saw Mia asleep, so he quietly walked into the bathroom to take a shower. Tons of thoughts went through Aaron's mind as he showered. It would only be a matter of time before he married the girl of his dreams and played the sport he loves, professionally. When he got out the shower, he put on his underwear and shorts and got in bed.

At around 8:30 in the morning, Mia woke up first. At first, she had thought all the previous events that had happened were just a dream, but then she looked over and saw Aaron sleeping in the other bed. She admired his tattoos, looking at all of them.

     Just as she was about to lay back down, her phone started ringing

Just as she was about to lay back down, her phone started ringing. She got out of bed and went to get it off the charger. She slide her thumb across the screen and held it to her ear.

"Hello?" Mia asked. Before the conversation even started, Mia started walking around the hotel room.

"Mia, where are you?" Gia asked, immediately.

"Well hello to you, too." Mia said, looking out the window. "And I'm in Brooklyn-"

"You were at the draft all match-y match-y with your ex. And don't even lie, because Ryan saw you there and called me. Then I called Kylie and asked and she said 'That's confidential'. Then I called Trey and he simply said 'Fuck you asking me for'. I need an explanation." Gia went on. She was also walking around. Besides being Mia's agent, she's one of Mia's friends. They're not far that apart in age, so it made it even better.

Before responding, Mia looked at Aaron, thinking on if she should tell Gia now. "Yes, I was at the draft. I was there for support and then we got back together. I originally left because I just wanted to get away from LA and all the drama and just spend time with my family, but then I ended up going to the draft and getting en-in a relationship with Aaron, again." Mia said, luckily catching herself.

"So you're dating an NBA rookie, who got drafted to Washington and you're gonna be in LA?

"Yeah, and-"