Chapter 4

He took my hand and led me out to the chariots full of the other tributes all dressed in weird and wonderful outfits, when I arrived at my chariot I noticed that Axe still hadn't turned up. "Where is he?" I asked Caleb. "Oh he'll be here in just a moment, his prep team are having trouble escorting out of his room." He laughed and whispered "he's refusing to wear his outfit" I rolled my eyes. Suddenly Axe came storming in and dragged himself up onto the chariot, practically flinging me off it. That's when I realised just how big and powerful he was, I was only about half the size of him and I was pretty just that he could squash me like a bug in the games when the time came. He might even be my biggest threat. Just then we felt our chariots moving again. This was it. My prep team mimed something but I couldn't quite tell what it was, I think they were telling us to smile. Although I was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen on Axe's behalf. He just stared straight ahead looking strong and powerful. Surprisingly enough, the capitol people loved it. The parade was a smash hit. Everyone was buzzing when I jumped off my chariot. Even Axe managed a crooked smile. Caleb walked over to me and wrapped his arms round me. "You did great" he whispered. I suddenly felt my cheeks blushing again. He even managed to get a handshake from Axe, maybe they could start to be friends if they tried. That night we ate so much it was unreal, first I ate some kind of soup, then we ate a strange looking fish from district 4 and our dessert was just fantastic, a beautifully decorated cake with vanilla frosting and small yellow flowers dotted around it. After we ate I went straight to my room feeling a little queazy, the capitols rich food clearly didn't agree with my stomach. That night I woke up screaming from nightmares of the games. I guess I had been playing it cool about the games, when in reality I had no chance of winning. I would be dead this time next week I thought. The next morning I came downstairs to my prep team, Caleb and Pheonix all staring at me with concern. "What happened last night?" Pheonix asked cautiously. "Nothing, why?" I said shocked. "We thought Axe had murdered you or something by the way you were going off" Caleb said with I slight grin on his face. "What are you talking about?" I asked a little more harshly this time. "You were screaming like a banshee deary" Pheonix said as she reached for a magazine. "Oh that, just a nightmare" I sighed. I saw Caleb look at me and tap the seat next to him as a signal to sit down with him. I did so without question as he started to explain about the training centre. He told us that we would train for 3 days and on the third afternoon we would be assessed. "Your training will start at nine" he said. I nodded nervously. "Now eat your breakfast, you'll need it" one of my prep team said. I did so obediently.

***Authors Note***

Okay so here's a picture of the beautiful Julianne Hough, i've decided that i want her to play Cinder because she looks exactly like her, except i kind of pictured Cinder with curly hair but that doesn't matter :)