Chapter 34

My dress for the interview was totally different from the dress I wore on my first interview with Caesar, this one was a short, floaty, coral coloured dress with a detailed design on the top half. My shoes were coral with three small bows in a vertical row on the front, I then wore another headband but this time it was made up of many flimsy flowers which were again...coral. My long wavy hair had been transformed into loose curls. I looked in the mirror and stared at myself for a while, I searched for my battle scars but there were none to be found. It was as though none of it had ever happened. But it had, and I'd have the memories to prove it forever. "Nervous?" I heard Caleb ask. I didn't bother turning round to face him as I could see his reflection in the mirror that I was stood in front of. He looked so handsome. He wore a black suite with a coral tie to match my dress, although I wasn't sure why, he wasn't the one to be interviewed. "After just coming out of the arena? This is nothing." I said with a small smirk. I saw the corner of his lips turn up at my comment. He knew i was nervous, and so did I. He came over to me and placed one arm gently round my waist. "You look beautiful." He whispered, still not taking his eyes off our reflection in the mirror. I looked at him a little closer this time. His golden hair was shaped perfectly to fit his face and his blue eyes seemed to pierce straight through me. Just then, I was called to come up on stage, that's when I started to feel really nervous and somehow Caleb could sense it. "It's alright, you'll be with Caesar." He said calmly, he then kissed my cheek and led me up to the stage. I suddenly stopped in my tracks when I saw Caesar sat on a red velvet couch, waiting for me to arrive. I didn't want to talk to him about the games, and I defiantly didn't want him to ask me about the tributes. I felt a small nudge in my lower back. I turned round to see Caleb standing there with a reassuring look on his face. "It's alright, don't be scared. You'll be fine." He said quietly. I simply nodded and then turned round to face Caesar and walked out confidently. Caesar looked up at me with his signature pearly white smile spread across his face, and tapped the space next to him on the couch. I sat down immediately and tried to make myself as comfortable as possible. "And We're on in 5...4...3..." a man behind the camera suddenly shouted. This was it. "2...1!" I took a deep breath and waited for Caesar to speak first.