Epilogue

The woman in the mirror stared back at me, her wide eyes swimming in excitement. She was beautiful, no questions about it. Her long white dress clung delicately to her curves, showing them off nicely, and her arms were covered in white lace. She was tall, due to the heels she wore beneath the dress. But most of all, she was me. As hard as it was to convince myself of it the beautiful woman in the mirror was in fact, me. Kate Masen, soon to be Kate Sparrow. That’s right, today is the day I marry Matt.

“I can’t believe it, my little Katey Bear, getting married.” My father gushed as we prepared ourselves behind the church door.

“I can’t believe it either.” I whispered.

“I want you to know that-“ he started to say but the sounds of the wedding march beginning to play cut him off.

“I'm so proud of you.”

“Thank you dad” I answered as the doors opened to a room of people, all eyes were on me.

My feet moved slowly as I tried to pace my steps to my fathers and the music but it was difficult with Matt standing at the end of the aisle in his black tux, a red rose tucked into his pocket and his hair styled nicely to show his beauty.

How did I get so lucky?” I asked myself for what seems like the millionth time.

When we reached the end of the aisle and I was finally next to Matt my father placed my hand in my finance’s.

“I love you Kate,” He whispered, tears gathering in his eyes.

“I love you too dad.” I whispered, then turned to face the love of my life.

“Do you, Matthew Sparrow, take Kate Masen to be your lawfully wedding wife, to love and to hold, in sickness and in health?” The minister asked, addressing Matt.

“I do.” He replied, looking straight into my eyes. Everything I saw in them, love, adoration and life sent me into a memory from three years ago.

I don’t know Matt. What if people see us?”

Kate we’re free. Who cares if people see us, I’m not your teacher any more.” He said, caressing my face in his large, soft hands.

I know, but…”

No buts come on. We’re going out.” He grinned, kissing my lips and jumping away to his bedroom. I smiled as I watched him. All the stress we’ve been facing these last couple of months nearly killed us but we made it, together. I graduated from high school the other week, and as Matt has said, we’re free. We haven't really gone out yet, just been taking it easy at home to recover from the stress of school and everything. But now Matt wants to go out. I was still unsure though, the thought of going out in public had my hands clamming up and my heart beating loudly. People will judge us, I know they will.