Chapter 12: Heart ache

"If I eat anymore i'm gonna barf!" Mike exclaimed, leaning back in his chair and rubbing his belly. I laughed at him and glanced around the small pizza restaurant we were in, I noticed that we were getting a few weird looks from other customers, that just made me laugh more.
"Same here. What do you want to do now?" I asked, rubbing my belly like a pregnant lady.
"I don't know. This is your town, not mine. Where's the cool hang out place?" he smiled.
"I actually don't know. I don't go out often, or at all really," I admitted.
"Really? how come?"
"Well, before i met Matt I only had one friend, but he is a tree. So I couldn't really go anywhere with him," I gave a small smile and looked down.
"Really? so Matt and I are your only human friends?"
"Yeah, you guys and my dad."
"What about your mum?" I dropped my head, tears started gathering in my eyes as I thought of my mother.
"Well, er mum and I were friends. But not anymore." I still had my head down, but I could imagine the confusion on his face.
"Why not?"
"She died a few months ago, fell down a set of stairs," my voice cracked at the end, tears dripping onto my hands.
"Kate, i'm sorry. I didn't know." he sat down next to me and pulled me into his chest, he rubbed my arm, trying to comfort me.
"No, no it's ok." I wiped the tears from my eyes and stood up.
"Come on, let's go do karaoke!" I said enthosiastically.
"Hell yeah!" he grinned and we walked back towards his car.

What I like about you
You hold me tight
Tell me I'm the only one
Wanna come over tonight?

Warm whispering in my ear
Tell me all the things that I want to hear
'Cause it's true
That's what I like about you

What I like about you
You really know how to dance
When you go up down, jump around
Talk about about true romance

We sung this on the stage as a duet, dancing around like idiots and singing like we just don't care. I have to say, I was having an awesome time. I just wish Matt was here with us.

"Thanks Mike, I had an awesome time," I grinned as I climbed out of his car.
"No problem. Just call me if you ever wanna hang out again, I had an awesome time too," he grinned back and we both laughed.
"Night,"
"Night," and with that he drove away, my eyes caught the slight twitch of the curtains from Matt's house, I guess he just saw me coming hom at 10 PM, karaoke lasted longer than we planned.

Matt hasn't spoken to me in days. I've tried talking to him, I greet him whenever I see him, but all he does is a slight nod of the head, I guess at least he is acknowleding me. It's a start at least. The teasing hasn't stopped either. They always laugh at me. Writers was hard, with Matt as my teacher, but somehow I managed to pull through and make it to lunch time. I sat down next to Ed, and leaned my head against him. I didn't bring any luch today, I have money but I don't feel like eating. Since matt stopped talking to me I just haven't felt the same. I haven't felt happy. I love having Mike around me, being able to laugh and screw around with a friend, but I miss Matt alot. Days without him are killing me.

Matt's POV

I looked out the window in my office and saw Kate leaning against Ed. She isn't eating anything, I can't even see any food there. Every lunch time I look out the window and see her, since the other day when I found out she's friends with Mike and stopped talking to her I haven't seen her eat, drink, or even smile. Before when we were like best friends I would look out the window and see her leaning against Ed, but she would be smiling, laughing, eating and happy. Now as I look at her she seems so down, like all the happiness has been drained from her system. I'm not even mad at her for being friends with Mike, I honestly don't care about that. I'm mad because she didn't tell me. I'm mad because Mike didn't tell me. He saw the state I was in when I was looking for her, when I thought I may never see her again, but he had hidden her right under my nose. Then she didn't tell me either, instead she tried to sneak away from me to hang out with him. I saw her trying to ninja her way out of school, and I saw her reaction when i caught her. She didn't want me to see her, because she didn't want to tell me about Mike. That is what i'm pissed off about. But seeing her like this all I want to do is hold her and say how sorry I am, tell her that I love her. But i cannot do anything. But I guess the least I can do is apologise. I pulled out my phone and sent her a text message.
I haven't seen you eat in days, you should eat. -Matt
It only rook her a minute to reply.
Not hungry. -Kate
I sighed and walked outside to her, ready to apologise. But Mike beat me to it. Right as I stepped outside of the school, I saw him reach a hand out to her, and pull her up off of the ground. I saw him hug her and I lost it. I turned and stormed my way back to my office, trying not to let it bother me. Mike knows how I feel about her, he's my bro I know he wouldn't try anything with her. He's just being a  good friend. Unlike me. Still I couldn't help the cloud of anger and betrayal that clouded my eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short but I decided that they should have a fight, get to see some different sides to them. Plus we got to see a bit more of Mike, so I hope it was alright :)