Chapter Two

Jessie woke up the next morning and glanced at her alarm clock.

"Shit!" She exclaimed, practically falling out of her bed.

She had forgotten to set her alarm, so she was running late to work. Luckily, she had taken a shower the night before, so she just had to get dressed and brush her teeth.

When she finished, she pretty much ran to her car. It took twenty minutes to get there, but her shift started in ten, so she drove as fast as she could, probably breaking some laws on the way.

Jessie finally arrived, and she was only five minutes late, not ten. She walked through the back entrance of GameStop. She signed in and went to the counter. She opened, but it was eight in the morning, so it would be a few hours before business picked up.

She unlocked the door and turned on the flashing "OPEN" sign they had. She gathered some of the new games and set them on the shelves. She made sure to check out the ones she wasn't familiar with, in case she wanted to play them.

She had a few games in her hand when the door opened.

Jessie smiled. "Welcome to GameStop!"

The lady who walked in smiled at her. She looked unsure of what she was looking for, but she walked over to the Xbox 360 games. Jessie put the remaining games on the shelves and walked over to her.

"Do you need help finding anything?" She asked.

"Well, I just bought my son an Xbox 360 for his birthday next week," She explained. "But I don't know what kind of games to get him!"

"How old is he?" Jessie asked.

"He'll be turning nine," She replied.

Jessie smiled. "Well, we have a lot of Lego games, like Batman and Star Wars. Is your son a wrestling fan?"

"He is!" She answered. "He loves John Cena."

"We also have WWE 2K15, or you can wait until the end of the month, when they release 2K16," Jessie explained. "I think he'd probably like 2K15 more, though, because John Cena is on the cover."

Jessie and the woman continue talking, and she eventually decides on a few games to buy her son. After Jessie checked her out, she was alone again.

Her manager used to come at least an hour before she arrived, but with Jessie working there for a little over 5 years, he decided to let her open up. He'd come by around 9 or 10, which was fine with Jessie, because it meant she got time to herself.

Jessie pulled out her phone and began texting her best friend, Cheyenne. She was currently a freshman in college. She and Jessie were both 25, but according to Cheyenne, "it's never too late to go to college!" She hadn't decided what her major was yet, but she still had time.

Chey, are you busy?

JESS I'M RUNNING LATE I'M RUNNING SO LATE OH MY GOD

What did I tell you about going to crazy parties on school nights, Cheyenne? Have I taught you nothing?

NO I WAS UP ALL NIGHT STUDYIGN AND I A;LGKJSPIOFDDJ

What?

SORRY I FELL.

Shit are you okay?

Yeah, I'm good.

No longer typing in all caps, I see.

I forgot to turn it off after the first text. xD

How late are you?

Five minutes. My professor won't let anyone in ten minutes after class starts. I gotta go. Talk to you later, Jess!