Chapter Seven

"Welcome to UpUpDownDown! I'm your host, Austin Creed. Today on Superstar Savepoint, we've got a very special guest who isn't even a Superstar! It's the beautiful, and wonderful, Jessie Collins from her channel Jessie's Corner!"

Jessie smiled. "Hi! Oh, this is so cool!"

"Everybody on the show gets a nickname," He told her. "It can be anything. Something everyone calls you, something from your childhood."

"Call me Spano."

"Like Jessie Spano?" He asked, smiling.

"Yes! Someone gets my Saved by the Bell  reference!" She exclaimed.

"Today, we're playing Pacman." He handed her the controller. "You want to tell them why?"

"I've been awake for twenty-four hours," Jessie said. "I needed something simple to play. Oh my god, I'm so tired. Don't be surprised if I fall asleep before we're finished filming."

Austin started the game. "I feel like maybe you should explain why you've been up for twenty-four hours."

"Oh. Yeah." She yawned. "Well, like he said, I've got my own gaming channel – Jessie's Corner, check it out. I just hit a hundred thousand subscribers, so to celebrate, I had a twenty-four hour livestream. At the time, it seemed like a good idea, but now I'm regretting it."

"I'll try to keep the questions simple." He laughed.

"Sounds good."

"So, how did you get into wrestling?" He asked.

"My dad – oh, shit!" Jessie exclaimed. Pacman had just run into a ghost. She brought her hand to her mouth. "I'm not allowed to say that, am I?"

He laughed. "It's fine. We'll censor it."

"Okay, good," She said, bringing her attention back to the game. "Anyway. My dad was a huge wrestling fan, so once I was old enough to understand what was happening on TV, we started watching it together."

"Any favorites?"

"Randy Savage," She replied instantly. "My dad always said that he was the Macho Man, and that my mom was his Miss Elizabeth."

"Aw, that's sweet." He smiled.

"My parents are relationship goals."

"What about your current favorites?" He asked, glancing at her, but quickly looking back at the game.

"Well, Seth Rollins is pretty cool. My best friend is pretty much in love with him." Jessie stopped talking. "Oops. I wasn't supposed to say that. Can we censor that, too?"

"I don't think we can just censor a whole sentence," Austin said.

"Oh..." She said. "Sorry, Cheyenne!"

"Now people know who your friend is!" He told her. "They didn't have a name, but now they do."

"Oh, god," Jessie said, shaking her head. "Let's stop talking about that."

"Okay... So, Cheyenne's favorite is Seth Rollins. What about yours?"

"Just a little tag team called the New Day," She replied, smirking. "I think you might be familiar with them."

"Yeah, I think I've heard of them," He said, nodding. "They have that one cool guy with the trombone, right?"

"Did you know that guy has his own YouTube channel?" She asked. "That team's doing it all."

Before Austin could say anything else, Jessie started laughing softly. Once he realized that she wasn't laughing at anything in particular, he paused the game.

"We're ending the video a little earlier than usual," He explained. "Jessie is too tired to function right now. She's laughing at absolutely nothing."

Jessie stopped laughing, but she was smiling. "I thought I was Spano."

"Of course," He said, nodding. "Spano is laughing at absolutely nothing."

"My bad..."

"Be sure to follow me on Twitter at XavierWoodsPHD. Follow Spano at..." He looked at Jessie.

"At JessiesCorner," She told them.

"And follow the channel at UpUpDwnDwn without the O's!" He added. "Make sure you like, comment, subscribe, all that good stuff! And no matter the circumstances, always remember to keep it tight!" He looked at Jessie. "Now you say it."

Jessie got closer to the camera, her face taking up half the screen. She whispered, "Keep it tight, bitches." She looked back at Austin. "Am I allowed to say that?" He was too busy laughing, so he just shook his head. She looked back at the camera, whispering, "Keep it tight."

She moved back, and Austin turned off the camera and the console.

"I'm sorry I'm so tired," She apologized, standing up. Her equipment was scattered around the room, so she began picking it up.

"We probably should have recorded before  your livestream," He said.

Jessie stopped what she was doing, standing up straight. "You tell me this now?"

"I didn't think you'd be so tired," He protested.

"Next time, we're doing this when I've had a full night's sleep," Jessie said, putting the last piece of equipment in her backpack and zipping it up.

"Next time?" He smirked.

"There better be a next time," She said, putting on her backpack. "I just made a fool of myself on your channel; you better give me a chance to redeem myself." She scanned the room. "Where the hell are my keys?"

Austin frowned, looking around the room. He found the keys next to a bed, near the window. He wasn't sure how they'd gotten there, but it had been a long twenty-four hours, so he wasn't going to question it.

He picked them up and handed them to her. "Found them."

"Thank god," She said, taking the keys from him. "I would have never gotten home without them."

"Are you sure you can drive home?" He asked, his voice full of concern. "You're exhausted."

She yawned. "I'll be fine. I don't live too far from here." It didn't look like he believed her, so she added, "I promise! If I didn't live close by, I'd probably get Cheyenne to come pick me up. And I'll go to sleep the minute I get home. You have nothing to worry about."

"All right..." He still sounded a little skeptical, but he decided to believe her. If she was too tired, she would have called Cheyenne, so he trusted her enough to make it home safely. "You better get home in one piece."

"Like the anime," Jessie said, referring to One Piece. She started laughing.

Austin couldn't help but smile. He rolled his eyes. "Go home, Jessie."

She began leaving, but stopped when she reached the door. She turned around to look at him. "Thank you so  much. This has been a dream of mine ever since I found your channel, and I... I'm too tired to figure out what I'm trying to say." He laughed. "But thank you."

"Your channel's great, too," He said. "I can't wait for your two hundred thousand subscriber live stream."

"Oh god." She groaned. "Don't remind me."

He laughed. "You should go home."

"Bye, Austin." She smiled, turning around to leave.

"Bye, Jessie."

***

The video I included has nothing to do with the story, but it's really funny. xD It's been a while since I've included an UpUpDownDown video, so there's a Superstar Savepoint featuring Bo Dallas. (It's only part one!  You'll need to go to YouTube to watch part two.)

Been a while since I've updated, but let me know what you thought! :)