Chapter Twenty-Six

When Jessie and Cheyenne had first arrived at the arena, Seth had mentioned that they were probably getting ready to film something, and he was right. Tyler Breeze would be showing up in a little bit, and they were going to film some episodes of GM Mode.

Until then, though, they were going to play Super Smash Bros.

Only four of them could play at a time, so Kofi, E, and Austin would rotate so that they could each get changed for the show, while Jessie, Cheyenne, and Seth all had their own controller.

Eventually, Seth had to leave (he had a pre-recorded promo they would be airing during the show), and Jessie decided that was a good time to ask her friend some questions.

But someone beat her to it.

"So, you and Seth, huh?" Austin asked. Currently, Kofi was gone getting changed, so it was just him and E in the room at that moment.

Suddenly, Cheyenne's face turned red. She tried to ignore it, though, and said, "Wh-what do you mean?"

"Oh my god, Chey, the last time I saw you look this red, you forgot to put sunscreen on at the beach," Jessie pointed out, unable to hide her laughter.

"No – I just – " She stammered. She paused, and this time when she spoke, she was coherent. "I don't know what you guys mean. I barely know Seth. I've talked to him a couple of times. That's all there is to it."

Then, her phone vibrated. She didn't say anything, didn't even look down at it.

"Is that him?" Jessie asked, smirking.

Cheyenne glanced down at her phone, then back up. "Yes."

"Yes, yes, it's me." Everybody looked over to see Tyler Breeze walking into the room. He had a smirk on his face, like he thought he was so clever.

"Nobody was talking about you, you fool," E told him.

Ignoring the haters, Tyler looked at the two women who sat before him. When he saw Jessie, he made a face like he recognized her.

"Ah, you must be Jessie," He said. "Literally all Woods talks about is you and how I steal his Superstars in GM Mode."

"Because you do steal my Superstars in GM Mode!" Austin exclaimed.

"I do not!" Tyler argued.

"Yes, you do!"

"Wow, you've been here for, like, a minute, and you've already gotten into an argument," Jessie said. "I'm impressed."

"Well, your boyfriend over here is always thinking I'm stealing his Superstars, when I've only taken maybe one of them," He said.

"You've definitely taken more than one," Austin said.

"And I wouldn't call it stealing them," Tyler continued. "They're the ones emailing me because you treat them so badly. You've got Ric Flair on your roster, and you're over here trying to make the Bashams a thing."

"Because the Bashams are awesome!" Austin argued.

"How have I not met you before now?" Jessie asked.

"Because Woods is ashamed of me," Tyler replied.

"It's true, I am." Austin nodded.

"You guys bicker like an old married couple. I feel like he should be dating you, not me," Jessie said.

"Breeze is already married, I don't think it'd work out," Austin told her.

"That's the problem you see with us dating?" Tyler asked.