Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Secrets

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Love is the life of the soul. It is the harmony of the universe. -William Ellery Channing

Love is the most beautiful gift we are given to share". Anonymous

"Love is like war: easy to begin, hard to end." Proverb

A man has only one escape from his old self to see a different self in the mirror of some woman's eyes". Clare Boothe Luce

Love is the life of the soul. It is the harmony of the universe. -William Ellery Channing

It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all." Alfred, Lord Tennyson

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jon’s Point of view

I walked into the bathroom and slammed the door shut, leaving a crack in the wall.

Why does Elizabeth have to be so… so…. Amazingly hard to lie to?

I slammed my fist on the wall with frustration

I would have to tell her sooner or later , after all we would be living together … as far as she knew at least.

I would just have to find a way to tell her……

Elizabeth’s point of view

I sat in the booth tapping my feet to the music the restaurant was playing.

Jon seemed different, but I couldn’t place what it was.

He was very laid back but at the same time tense and he was careless but protective about certain things.

Why did he avoid my question? Is he mad or something? So many thoughts crossed my mind as he walked out and slid into the booth across from me.

“hey Mr. grumpy.” I said, trying to sound casual.

He glanced up in response and started folding a napkin over and over again.

A plate was placed in front of us by the waitress and he looked up.

“here’s your food. Call me over if you need anything else” she winked at Jon.

I couldn’t help but feel jealously boil inside of me.

“what are you doing” I thought. “ you don’t like him” sheesh…

I started eating my fries and looking out the window.

“ I can’t answer your question for a while.” Jon said quietly.

I looked over at him as he seemed to glare at the table.

“uhh ok. Whatever.” I said calmly but inside I was thriving with curiosity

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After we were done eating we headed out to his car and I slid in the passenger seat awkwardly.

He sat down and smiled at me. “to the movies my lady?”