Chapter 18

Chapter 18

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I flopped on the bed in frustration.

Ok so maybe I shouldn’t have freaked out at Jon, but whatever the case I am supposed to be dreading living here and having to room with him.

But I still had so many questions that had not been answered by Tori, questions that I was supposed to ask Jon. The same Jon I had just shunned from my bedroom.

I sighed. He won again.

I hopped off my bed and walked to the door. I was about to grab the handle when Jon opened the door.

“ you rang?” he smirked and stepped into my room.

“ I hate your whole vampire-ey senses. How’d you know I needed you anyway?” I raised my eyebrow.

“ I’ll explain that later. But anyway, what can I be of service for?” he walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.

“ I have a few questions.”

He nodded, “ that’s expected. proceed.”

“ what did you mean when you said ‘You and I were supposed to be together’?” I sat a least two feet away from him on the bed. He looked up at me and ran a hand through his black hair.

Jon looked down to his hands, “ I figured that you would ask this question. Well you see when a vampire is born, within three hundred years, one human is chosen for them to meet. That human, such as yourself, can become many things to the vampire. It could become the significant other, they could be the vampires best friend or they could simply be the vampire’s slave. Whatever the case may be every vampire has one.”

He played with his fingers and continued speaking. “about one hundred years ago, I had thought I was given one. Her name was Delanie, but we were never anything more than friends. But she was nothing how the prophecy described mine would be.”

“ a prophecy?” I intruded “ what do you mean?”

He looked up at me “ it’s simple really. Whenever a vampire is assigned a human, they are given what is called a prophecy describing them and telling them how each one is and acts, even saying significant things that might happen.”

“ that makes sense, continue.” I put my hand under my chin and waited expectantly.

“ right, Uhm, so in that case that every vampire has one it’s simple really Elizabeth.”

I shivered as he used my real name and sat up straight.

He looked around the room nervously until he locked eyes with mine and said “ and your mine….”

I felt the heat rise in my face and I looked down at the carpet, trying to hide my face with my hair.

“ and I mean, we don’t have to embrace it or anything but I know for sure this time that you are… we’re all sure.” he reached over and tucked my hair behind me ear.

“ how are you so sure Jon?” I asked looking over at him.

“… I can feel it this time Elizabeth.” he stood and quietly moved out of the room.