Chapter 19

Chapter 19

“what’s it like to be a vampire?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel it. He could feel it. That didn’t give me any answers. How could he feel it. Men. They can be so complicated sometimes.

I began to pace back and forth at the bottom of my bed, almost as if I was trying to walk through the floor.

I didn’t understand. So I was like.. His mate or something?

“mate.” I said to myself “ you’ve been reading way to many teen books Liz.”

I sighed and flopped down on my bed. I didn’t know whether to hate this place right now or figure out what was so important about me.

“nope.” I decided aloud, “ I hate this place.”

“do you, do you really?” I turned around to see James leaning against the doorframe with a shitty smirk on his face.

“do you really think I want to talk to you?” I quipped back. He raised his eyebrow at me and shrugged.

“why would I know what you like to do in your free time.” he walked into my room and sat on the bed and I hopped off of it.

“what, do I have cooties or something?” He smirked again.

I shook my head and said,” I just don’t like you.”

He feigned a hurt look and placed his hand over his ‘cold, dead, unfeeling’ heart as Jon would say.

“that hurts Elizabeth, that really hurts.” I shrugged, just like he did

“why would I care what you feel in your spare time.” I mocked.

He pulled himself off the bed and looked over his shoulder at me as he walked across my room until he reached my door.

“watch yourself Elizabeth.” and that’s it. Then he was gone.

I sighed and dug around the pile of stuff Jon had put in my room while I was at the mall with Tori to look for my guitar.

I started picking at cords and started singing softly to myself.

“We'll do it all

Everything

On our own

We don't need

Anything

Or anyone

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know

How to say

How I feel

Those three words

Are said too much

They're not enough

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told

Before we get too old

Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time

Chasing cars

Around our heads

I need your grace

To remind me

To find my own

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we’re told

Before we get too old

Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am

All that I ever was

Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where

Confused about how as well

Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world? “

“well, that was nice.” Tori said from my bedroom door.

“what is with people sneaking up to my door today?” I said looking up to her, feeling my cheeks heat up. I hated singing in front of other people ever since I was younger.

“oopsies.” she said smiling. “ did you know that Jon can play and sing really well too?” she had the most excited face that I had ever seen. I shook my head.

“Really? Wow, well he loves to sing this one song for like, the past week. I don’t know if you’ve heard of it. It’s called ‘I’ll be your crying shoulder’ by the Goo Goo Dolls.; I don’t know, I just think it’s a really sweet song. Jon can be a very nice boy if he wants to be, but he just get weird and awkward sometimes and stuff so yeah.” Tori babbled.

I nodded again, I wasn’t enthused and all.

“ you’re so down in the dumps today what’s wrong?” Tori asked sitting on cross-legged on my bedroom floor “I’m here to listen if you need me.”

I smiled “ thanks Tori.”

She nodded and propped her head up with her hands.

“ I have a question” I said.

She smiled and said, “ question away.”

“what’s it like to be a vampire?”

She froze for a second or two and unfolded her legs, stretching them out in front of her.

“it’s…..” she paused for another second or two and looked over at me, “it’s not easy.” I nodded.

“yeah, I kind of figured that.” I said. She nodded back.

“well, I mean, it’s fun. Never aging, not having to die for over ten thousand years, being unrealistically pretty. But it’s kind of hard sometimes. I don’t fall in love. It’s not easy watching the ones you love or fall in love with die before you and you still stay the same, everyday. It kinda sucks, I mean, sure, you move on, but those people you’ll never forget…”

She got quiet for a while.

“ I guess it’s kind of a blessing anymore. Get to live for pretty much… forever with my brother and my family.” I nodded again when I thought she was done.

“thanks,” I said.

“no problem. But I still think you’re weird.” Tori said. And with that, she walked out of my room.

I made a face at he doorway where you would swear she was still standing. She left a vibe behind that gave me the chills.