Chapter 17

Chapter 17.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“You’re worse than you stupid brother.” I whined as she practically dragged me through the mall. Not only had she brought me to the mall but she also shoved me in a limo and locked me in her room last night against my will.

“ yeah well, my stupid brother is easier to distract.” Tori countered as she pulled me into Victoria’s secret.

“what are we doing here?” I questioned

“ buying you stuff. What size are you?” she asked holding up a lingerie set.

“no. just no.” I put my hands up in frustration.

“Fine. We’ll just get bras and cute underwear, since you have this weird thing against a nice matching set. I have a question.” I looked up at her and raised my eyebrow.

Whatever question Tori concealed could be scary.

“First of all: matching sets would be pointless for me because it’s not like anyone will see them anyways. Second of all, what?”

Tori picked up a few bras and underwear and I shook my head. She shrugged and turned toward me.

“why do you get so frustrated easily.?” she asked.

I shrugged. “ I don’t know, I have a short temper.”

She seemed to take this as an acceptable answer and headed over to pay for the items I approved of.

Weird girl…

~*~**~*~*~*~

We sat at the food court and she continued explaining things as I munched on fries.

“Our uncle is the king because he’s my dad’s brother. I never really bothered to talk to the guy but as far as I know, he’s nice.”

That sounds so cliché’. I rolled my eyes and dipped a fry in the ketchup

“ do you have anything you want to ask about what my dearest brother said that has probably confused you ?” she said patiently whilst putting her black flats on top of the table and rubbing her fake beard.

I smiled and tried to think through everything he said last night.

“And before you go asking if you’re supposed to be here, yes you are actually, you’re allowed to be.”

Nope, no question there.

“You and I were supposed to be together”

what did that mean. I furrowed my brows together

“so obviously you thought of something,” Tori remarked, “ care to ask?”

I shook my head. I’d have to ask Jon later, he’d probably be able to explain better than she could.

“whatever.” she said nonchalantly.

~*~*~*~

We continued shopping until about eight that night and my legs felt like steal.

I trudged down the hallways to my room with Jon carrying my bags.

“sorry about my sister, she doesn’t make friends often.” I gave him a weary glance and he smirked.

“yeah, I’ve noticed.” I pushed open my door and he set the array of bags down on the bed.

“ How can chicks shop this much?” he asked in disbelief.

“ I don’t like to, obviously, dumb ass.”

“well, you know what they say about me?” he asked.

“ what?” I crossed my arms.

“ I’m pretty fly for a white guy.” he smirked and I reached over and messed up his hair

“ hey, that’s not nice.” he smiled at me, his long hair falling into his eyes.

I glanced down at his apparel. A grey t-shirt that clung to his chest , light blue jeans and black vans.

“ are you checking me out?” he asked, still smirking.

My eyes snapped up to his. “ No!” I sat down on my bed and pulled a pillow to my face.

“ yeah you were.” Jon sat down next to me. “ just admit it next time. Anyway, tomorrow we’re going to see that movie that you wanted to see then we’re going school shopping because you have to dorm with me.” I could hear the satisfaction in his voice. Now I remembered why I hated him. I didn’t even want to be living here

“ get out.” I ordered, my voice harsh

He raised his eyebrow “ mood swing much?”

“no I’m not supposed to be nice to you! I’m supposed to hate you!” I stood up and started pacing furiously.

“ Beth, calm down.” he said standing up also.

“ don’t call me that! Get out!! Seriously Jon, just go. Please” he glanced at me with hurt eyes and walked out closing the door softly.

I have to hate this. Right?

Wrong. So wrong. I was beginning to grow fond over him. This can’t be good. At all….