01%

"Walk the other way down the block, Child!"

Alena is seven, just a little reminder. But she is very intelligent.

-

"Bye, Estela! I'm going to school," I yelled throughout the house, opening the front door and walking out, shutting it behind me.

I walked the normal way to school; I mean, I wanted to see the straight couple, even though I wasn't supposed to be around them. Estela always told me they were sinners, whatever that meant. It seems to me that you can sin for every little thing you do.

I skipped down the side walk, waiting for the familiar light blue house around the end of the block. It used to be vacant; but now it was occupied.

I looked at their front yard, mesmerized by all of their decorations. The rest of the block has plain things in their yard, either trees or weird animals. But the straight couple? The straight couple had a flag, and it was big, it had a bunch of different colored stripes on it, and it was waving proudly throughout the wind.

"Hello," A little boy mumbled, coming up from behind the fence. He was different. His skin was light; there was no tan, or light brown, or brown in general. It was just... white. Not fully, it had a little glow, but it was... beautiful. It suited him.

"Hi, I'm Alena," I smiled, fitting my small hand through the holes of the fence and reaching it out to him.

"I'm Matthew," The little boy now named as Matthew giggled, shaking my hands.

As soon as his hand touched mine, I felt something inside me, and then I blinked a few times.

"Do you want to walk to school with me?" I asked him, a weird hot feeling being in my cheeks.

"Yeah, let me go ask my mom!" He told me enthusiastically, letting go of my hand and walking towards his family.

My lips twitched into a frown as I missed his hand, but I quickly shook it away. I couldn't like boys; just strictly girls.

I could hear him asking his mom, and dad. Him smiling cutely at them.

"Okay fine, but make sure to get to school on time okay, Matthew?" His mom told him, handing him his back pack.

"She's very pretty mom, don't ya think?" Matthew asked her, his small body giving his dad a hug.

"Shh," His mom shushed him. "Get to school, kiddo," His mom smiled.

"Bye mom, Bye dad! I love you!" Matthew yelled, opening the gate and walking towards me.

"We love you too!" They yelled back faintly as we began walking to the school.

Matthew held my hand, smiling up at me. "C'mon, let's go!" He grinned.

-

AWE I LIKE THIS SO MUCH OKOK I CRI

I love you!!!!!!!!

xox, claire