Aftermath

"Stop it! Lewis, don't do this! Please, don't do this!", Olivia pleads. Lewis doesn't care. He wants what he wants and he's going to get it. It doesn't matter how much she struggles, she'll never get free this time. There is no iron bed frame for her to break. It's just him and her and a bed with a wooden frame too thick to splinter.

There she lay, naked and completely exposed. Her arms and legs bound to each bed post, securing her in place. She knows this is bad, this is very bad. He's already branded her in every way possible, but now? He was internally branding her. She will never go a day without reliving this moment and that's his sole intention. He wants her to always remember him.

"You shouldn't have fought me, Olivia. Now you have to pay for your mistake.", he smirks with a grin plastered upon his face. His fingertips trail up her inner thigh until he makes contact with the one place she never gave out freely. "So..soft.", she jerks, but she can't go anywhere.

"Don't you fucking touch me, you sick bast-", before she could finish her sentence, his fingers force themselves inside her, causing her to instantly burst into tears, something she'll curse herself for until the day she dies..which she hoped would come soon.

"Damn, you're tighter than I'd expected.", he pulls his fingers from her, licking them clean and-

"STOP IT! STOP, PLEASE DON'T!", she screams as she wakes up from her nightmare. Elliot sits straight up and pulls his wife into a deep hug in which he never wants to release her. "Please, make it stop.", she cries, fisting his shirt and sobbing into his chest. This has been going on every night for the past month.

He really wants to make her pain go away, but how? He should've been home that night. He never should've stayed late to fill out those stupid DD5's that he could've easily done at home. The thing he hates himself for the most? The fight. The stupid fight that caused her to go home without him. The fight that caused him to let her leave, that caused him to not go after her. Neither of them even remember what they were fighting about, though that's hardly the first thing on their minds.

"I'm here; I'm here, Liv. I'm not going anywhere.", he rubs her back in circles and kisses the top of her head. "You're safe, now. He's never gonna hurt you again."

"..the last thing you'll see..before you die.", Lewis grins. He readies his finger on the trigger and does the unimaginable. He turns the gun on himself and BANG!

She jumps at the flashback, gripping Elliot tighter than before in her, now common, state of fear. Her shaking, the heavy breathing, it finally stopped after about an hour of him cooing in her ear, reassuring her that she's safe and will go unharmed with him around. The only way she can sleep peacefully-or somewhat peacefully-is when she's in Elliot's arms.

He just watches her sleep. Its the only time she isn't constantly looking over her shoulder or being upset or just..crying. That's all seems to know how to do anymore. She hates eating, or sleeping, taking her meds..she can't leave the bed except for the very few times she gets up to use the bathroom, but even then, she won't go unless she knows for certain that Elliot is home. Getting her to bathe or change clothes is the worst. She hates it and will use every excuse in the book to avoid it, but Elliot always convinces her to do so. He's been so patient, so loving and helpful to Olivia as best as he knows how to. He's the only one she even let's touch her.

•••••••

Elliot wakes up first and softly rubs Olivia's back to wake her. She jumps, but then quickly realizes where she is and rests her head on his chest.

"Did you sleep any better last night?", he knows she'll just shake her head as she always does, which she did, but asked anyway, hoping she would give some kind of verbal answer. "Okay. You wanna take a shower?", she shakes her head. "Please, Liv.", Dr. Lindstrom said that she needs to shower every day. She has to keep that habit. Most people who are depressed will go weeks without bathing because they're too depressed to do anything.