IV

This chapter was done by creepakilla

Zappy
Zappy opened his eyes sleepily and yawned, noticing with surprise that Moon was still asleep.

And then he noticed, first with shock and then with horror, that the rock blocking the secret entrance was askew and two NoColour teachers were flying straight toward them.

Thinking fast he leapt to his Sclaws and pushed it back in place, moments before the teachers landed.

"What're you doing?" Beem-the Sharpshooter teacher-asked suspiciously.

"Just stretching," Zappy lied, leaning against the rock again. "Uagh."

"Uh huh. Sure. Anyway, wake your 'friend'."

Zappy gingerly shook Moon's shoulder, "Moon," he said, "Moon? Moo-oon. Moon, I'm gonna yell...
"WAKE UP!"

"Woah!" Moon leaped to her talons and glared at her friend, before realizing they had an audience.

Beem was laughing, while the other dragon looked annoyed.

"C'me on, kid," Beem said motioning Zappy away from Moon and the other teacher, "you're rich, you are!"

Zappy wonderingly followed his teacher into the air a little way from the cave.

"Wa's up?" he asked.

"The war's not going well for your tribe, they need more recruits to help defend Keen Forest," Beem began, "they're coming to pick you up in two days."

Zappy felt the bottom drop out of his world, "Whaaaaat?!"

"You heard. Two days."

Beem turned and flew away.

Zappy dejectedly made his way back to his den, where Moon was looking equally down.

"What's wrong?" she asked, half-heartedly feigning fineness.

"War's bad. They're recruiting me in two days," Zappy managed to croak.

"Same with me, only, no one knows when they're coming from Militia."

Zappy groaned and lay down, "My whole day's been ruined." he muttered.

He lay still, trying to find some light in his gloom.

Finally, Zappy sat.

"Two days," he said shakily to Moon, as he stretched out his wing to hug her, "that's plenty of time to have fun."

Moon nodded slightly and they dove down from their den.

"The rock to the S.E. was open this morning," Zappy told Moon in an undertone as they flew, using their code name for the secret entrance.

Moon's eyes went wide, and she blew a plume of smoke, "Really?"

"Yeah, hopefully no one here's found us out-or come in." He shuddered at the thought.

"Meh, should be fine," Moon reassured him. "Come on!"

* * * * * * * * *

Zappy woke suddenly that night from deep sleep, and realized Moon was nowhere to be seen. He sat upright, sniffing the air for any news of her, and smelt stars. Turning around he spotted, as he'd suspected, that the rock to the Secret Entrance was awry.