XV

Moon/Luna

   Luna woke in the night. The sky hole was dark, and she was restless. She lay for half an hour or so, before rolling over and stretching.

She knew she wouldn't sleep, so she decided to see Twinkly-Star. Bloodfang planned to let the other hatchlings hunt her the next day, and Luna wanted to see her before she was sent out.

So she slowly padded out of her room and through the eating room. She held her breath as she past her parents' room; she didn't want to wake them.

Soon she was flying down towards the prison. She landed softly, and glanced around for other dragons.

No one was around, so Luna slipped through the lava.

The small green dragon was curled in the corner, asleep. Luna didn't want to wake her, but she wanted to warn her what was going to happen.

Suddenly, she glanced up. Seeing Luna, she scowled.

"So you haven't forgotten me," she muttered, stretching.

"No, I haven't," Luna said. "Look, Bloodfang plans to send you out so the other hatchlings will hunt you down."

"Great, tell me so I can be ready for my death," Twinkly-Star muttered.

Luna sighed, she wanted to help the other dragon, but she didn't know how.

"I want to help, but I don't know how to stop the lava," Luna said, sitting beside Twinkly-Star.

"Oh, so useful Moon, so very helpful."

Luna sighed again, even though it felt good to be called Moon again. She felt as though the name Luna belonged to her new life and Moon belonged to her old, the life she enjoyed more then her new.

"I'll try okay, I'm not sure what I can do, but I can try," she said. She slipped back out and leapt up to where the boulder and the lava started.

The lava exited a small hole and flowed across a ledge before falling down over the entrance of the prison. A large boulder stood beside the hole, lava washing around it.

Luna stood in the lava above the ledge. She pushed against the boulder, but knew that she couldn't move it alone. She sighed, wondering what she would do. She couldn't leave Twinkly-Star to die, but she couldn't move the boulder.

"What are you doing?"

Luna spun around, and saw Flamer, the brown dragon who had brought Twinkly-Star in.

"N-nothing," she said quickly.

Flamer smiled.

"You're trying to free the Sharpshooter, aren't you?" She sighed, and sat beside Luna in the lava. "You're the dragon that is sympathetic to Sharpshooters, right?"

Luna nodded; there was no denying that.

Flamer nodded as well.

"Here, I'll help you. I heard that Bloodfang plans to get the hatchlings to hunt her down tomorrow. I'm sorry I brought her here now," she said, leaning against the rock.

The soon managed to block the flow, and Flamer leaned against it.

"I'll have to move it soon, get her out quickly," she said. Luna nodded, and began to drop down before she had a thought.

"She couldn't have come through the normal entrance, she's not immune to fire. How did she get here?" she asked.

"Get her out and I'll show you," Flamer grunted.