XXXIII

Moon spun her head around, fixing Zappy in her gaze. She was almost angry that he insisted on keeping coming back, she would only send him away – but what he had just said made her feel weak.

"What?" she whispered.

"A blue Shapshooter, he was rather large and had a scratch down his side," Zappy said. He glanced down, "I gave him the scratch," he muttered.

'Huh. Guess what I did," Moon thought. "I –," she began aloud, then stopped. "Zappy you have to go okay! Just go!" she cried, turning away. Why didn't he understand? She wanted him to live.

"What – Moon, do you know anything about that?" he asked.

She scowled, turning to him.

"I killed him, okay! I killed him like I killed all the other Sharpshooters, and like I nearly killed you! I killed him!" Tears formed in her eyes, and sighed. "I killed him," she repeated, her voice barely a whisper.

Zappy stared at her, shock in his face.

"I –," he started, then shook his head. "We can figure something out, I'm sure Birch will understand."

Moon sighed.

"Just go away Zappy," she said tiredly, "Just go away."

Zappy nodded, turning and slipping back into the water.

"I'll come back Moon," he said. "I'm not going back to home until you're coming too," he vowed, slipping back under the water.

Moon sighed, watching him go.

"You might be waiting a long time," she muttered.

"For what?" a voice asked. Moon turned, seeing a strange k'lrak.

"Nothing," she muttered.

"You sure?" she asked. "I'm R'tan by the way."

"Yeah, its nothing. I'm -."

R'tan interrupted her, grinning.

"Moon, I know. You're kinda really famous around here. Everyone's waiting to see if you're gonna go back with Zappy or not." She splashed her tail on the water. "That reminds me, my father wants to show you something. C'mon, I'll take you to him."

She dove into the water, and Moon followed, frowning.

R'tan leader her through the tunnels, until they came to the surface. As they made their way through the tunnels, Moon thought she saw Zappy's tail vanish into a tunnel but she wasn't sure.

The broke the surface near an island, the same island that the k'lrak city was built under. A huge k'lak was waited for them, and he smiled, motioning to her with a flipper and swam towards it. The side they were closest to was a sheer cliff, a few caves along it, and birds lying around, squawking loudly.

"I'm Gra'den," he said, his voice deep. "I am going to show you something that few eyes have seen before." As he spoke, R'tan flicked a flipper in farewell, and dove back under the water.

Nodded to Gra'den, Moon turned to look towards the island. A deep dark green dragon flew over it, a billow of fire flashing out of his mouth. . Moon watched him fly, knowing it was Darkfire. He vanished on the other side of the island as Moon and Gra'den neared it.

"Over here," the k'lrak said, slipping into a cave a few feet above the surface of the water. Moon followed, slipping down into the darkness. She shuddered, the cave reminded her too much of the tunnel towards Nightmare's cave. After about five minutes of walking, the tunnel slopped steeply upwards, and continued for a few meters