Part I

Well... I always told by self to work hard. That is the only way you will get to where you want to be, I thought. That was how I got to my fourth year of high school by the time I was fourteen. Little did I know, it was not that simple. Life throws curveballs at you. Sometimes, they aren't that bad; however, life tested me, and it changed me forever.

I will spare you the details. I was helping my friend out with her birthday party. We had been planning it forever. It was Alice in Wonderland themed. We were going to have a spectacular mad tea party. Gabi had run outside to put the covers on the tables. She ran back inside to go to the bathroom, so her dad asked me to help carry the flower vases outside. I gabbed one vase in each hand, and he grabbed three. The last thing I remember was getting hit over the head. The vases hit the ground. Glass shattered everywhere . 

I remember waking up a few hours later.Wondering what the hell happened, I guess I sort of figured it out. A crack in the shed behind Gabi's house let in some light. I saw her dad's face. I pretended to stay unconscious because I did not want him to see that I was awake. He left. I bolted for my aunt's house. She lived a few streets over. Her eyes filled with tears as I told her what happened. My aunt drove me home, and she even explained to my mom. A tall police women came to our house with her partner. Their eyes, both chocolate brown, filled with grief and sorrow as I explained the events that took place. I was then taken to the hospital. They checked me out and explained that I would have to go for weekly check ups after that. They wanted to make sure I did not have any STD's.

I was in a state of shock for a few weeks.My mom did everything to try to cheer me up. Even though she was single and worked six days a week, she stopped at nothing to make me happy. We went to Six Flags, the movies, the animals shelter, the trampoline park, camping, and we even stayed at the lake for a week. All I wanted was for her to stop looking at me like I was dying. After we got home from the lake, I realized my senior year of high school started in two weeks. I was only fifteen because I was really smart, but it did not matter. I fit right in. I was five six already. I had long light brown hair with natural highlights, hazel eyes, high cheek bones, a long skinny nose, and beautiful big rosy lips. Or at least that's what everyone told me. I never thought of myself as stunning as they said.

Because Mom missed so much because of me, she was always working, so I walked to Staples to get school supplies. After I got everything, including a beautiful printed lace backpack, I walked across the street to the grocery store. I planned on making a salad and sandwich.  Wandering the isles to pick up some things for lunch, I saw the pads and tampons. Crap I need some of those. When is my period? I wondered. Um... Two weeks ago... Shit! Instead of grabbing the tampons, I grabbed three boxes of pregnancy tests. After checking out, I ran home to take them.

As I relieved myself  into a cup, I put all six of the sticks in. Which brings me to now...

Waiting.