Part Twelve

Oranges in blues in the early morning sky wake me up at the crack of dawn. I look over to see Jay still quietly sleeping. Turning to my side, I softly kiss Jay, and I grab his button up shirt at the foot of the bed. Standing up to see the view even more, I pull his shirt on and button up. Then, I open the giant sliding glass door that opens onto balcony. A view this gorgeous is too hard to explain. Not to mention the view of Jay behind me... Mine.

I feel hands on my back start to wrap around me. Turning my attention to Jay, he stares into my eyes and picks me up to put me one the railing. Before I can speak, he says,"Hi beautiful. I love how you look in my shirt..."

"I love how you look with no shirt on," I laugh.

"Did you have fun last night?" he asks.

I laugh at how funny it is. We have know each other for a month, and I love him unconditionally. But I answer truthfully,"Yes. Very much so. It honestly felt like I was loosing it for the first time. I don't really want to think the actual first time was the first time.... That made no sense. But what about you? Did you enjoy?"

"One, it did make sense. Two, yes. I did."

"Why don't we go back to sleep. I am exhausted."

"That sounds good..."

The next six weeks until we can find the gender passes by very slowly, but I do not mind because Jay and I continue to get closer and closer if that's even possible. Finally, the day is here! Elle insists that she find out the gender, and she reveals it to us in some spectacular way. I just hope the baby is happy and healthy. We take Elle's car, the Lamborghini, to the hospital.

"Elle?" I ask. "Why such a nice car to a hospital?"

"Because it is a special occasion!" she squeals.

"She wants to take us to the same restaurant we went to after hoco," Jay interrupts.

"Yay! That's my favorite!" I squeak.

As we arrive at the hospital, I start to worry. All I want is for he or she to be healthy. I really have no idea what I would do if he or she wasn't. Luckily, everything was fine last time I came, and everything will be okay this time. After we check in, the lady takes me back to my OB/GYN. Jay helps me up onto the bed.

"Hello," the doctor says.

"Nice to see you again," I tell her as she squirts the cold gel onto my stomach. She starts to move the handle around to see the baby.

"Well the heart rate is normal, and even though your belly is small, it is a good size. And I can tell it is a-"

"Stop!" Elle screams. "Only I can know the gender," she continues. Elle walks over to the screen so the doctor can show her the gender. She claps her hands and get all excited.

"Do you want to see the baby?" the doctor asks while turning the screen to face me. My eyes fill up with tears of joy as I see my little baby. So perfect, I think. Jay squeezes my hand making this all so real. "So," the doctor continues,"What are you think of doing? I know we discussed certain things, but it was obvious that that was a no go."

"Well, I have been at Jay's house almost every night, so I think I am officially going to move in," I answer.

"What about school?" she asks.

"Well, we all tossed around the idea of Jay going to college while I stay home to raise the baby until I am eighteen. Then, I will go to college. Jay will almost be graduating, and Elle offered to stay home with the baby. We will still both live at the house. And the college, the top one in the country, is about half an hour away," I answer.

"It sounds like you have a pretty good plan," the doctor responds.

"We've got this," Jay say say smiling. He winks at me. Omg... He's too hot!

"What about a birth plan?" the doctor continues.

"I wanted to get a midwife, and have the baby at home," I tell her.

"Really?" Elle squeals.

"Yeah, I could not think of anywhere in the world that I would be more comfortable to bring my baby into this world," I reply.

After everything is all said and done, we leave the hospital to get lunch. I can't wait to go see the owners Arianna and Alessandro. Jay and I eat there every Friday, and we love the owners. We arrive at the restaurant, and I am glad to see it is full for once.

"Jessie! Jay! What are you kids doing here? It's not Friday yet! And who is the lovely lady you are accompanying?"

"Hi Alessandro! We just were in the mood for your pasta! Oh... And this is Jay's mom, Elle," I explain.

"Where is Arianna?" Jay asks.

"Visiting her sister in Italy. She has become very ill," Alessandro tells Jay.

"We send our love and prayers," Elle chirps in.

"Well, we are full at the moment, but I cannot leave my best customers waiting. Here, let me show you the room were my wife and I usually eat dinner," Alessandro says as he takes us through the restaurant, past the bathroom, and behind the kitchen. He seat us and asks us what we would like. Jay and I respond that we would like the usual, and Elle says that she would like the same as me.

We talk mostly about the baby until our lunch comes. No one says a word after much is served. The pasta is piping hot, and Alessandro knows how to make food for the soul. We finish our giant plates within minutes, and we were all pleased. Now I have to go tell my mother that I am officially moving out...