Part 9

I decide that I should walk  back to the car and wait for him. My first kiss was certainly fabulous, and I am glad it is was with him. Jay is that someone. Everyone probably thinks that I am crazy and way too young for him, but he is just that someone. Jay definitely brightens my life up after that that awful event.

"Hey, I was looking for you," I hear someone say from behind me.

I turn around and speak," Oh sorry Jay. I was just don't like huge crowds. They make me uncomfortable with the baby."

"Can I see?"

"Sure," I tell him as I lift my sweatshirt up. The little bump just barely shows now.

"Oh. Haha. I see it," he says looking happy.

"Yeah. Ten weeks. One fourth of the way there."

"Girl or boy?"

"I don't know yet. A couple of weeks until I can tell. Some anticipate that it is a girl because I crave salty things and sleep on my right ride."

"That's cool. Can you feel him or her yet?"

"No. He or she is only the size of a lime. Are you ready to go?"

"Yes."

We climb into the car, and I tell him that he did an excellent job tonight. He leans over to kiss me. This time I do not care that anyone is watching because we are not on the middle of the field. As our lips connect, the kiss gets stronger and stronger by the second. I lean over the thing in between the two seats,but I can't get enough.  Slowly, I inch over the thing in between us. He does not really seem to care that I am on his lap now. My hands slide from his neck to the the back of his head. His hands pull my hips closer, and then he puts them under my sweatshirt. All he does is put his cold hands on my rib cage and try to pull me closer. He makes me feel like I am someone. I am not just the victim of a rape, I am not just a fourteen year old, and I am not just a girl.

"Jay...We... Have... To...Go..." I say in between kisses. We finally break, and I climb back to my seat.

"Yeah, I know. My mom is probably dying to see you. My mom sees you as her daughter you know."

"I know. Right now, she is more of a mother than my own."

"Why do you say that?"

"She wants me to go ahead with the abortion, and I am not going to do that."

"Why would she want to kill her granddaughter?"

"She does not think I am strong enough to carry this baby and give birth to it.

"Physically or mentally."

"Mentally. She thinks I won't be able to look my baby in the eye. She told me she does not even want me to stay at my house."

"Move in with me."

"I couldn't."

"Why?"

"I mean sure..."

"I don't care, and I know my mom won't."

Just as we pull into his driveway, his mom runs up and basically rips me out of the car.

"Come on!" she screams. "You need to be ready in thirty minutes, so I can take pictures."

Jay runs up to shower and gets dressed while I get my hair done and put the dress on. His mom just lightly curls my hair into big bouncy curls. After that, she helps me pull my sweatshirt over my head, so I don't ruin my hair and makeup. Once the sweatshirt is off, she runs to grab the dress. I sit there rubbing my stomach in circles until she comes back.

"Hun, what's  wrong with your... Oh I am so sorry. I forgot."I get up to put the dress on, and she yells,"Oh my gosh! I see the bump!"

"Yeah. It's there. He or she is one fourth of the way there."

"Really? Ten weeks?"

"Yup."

"You are so small!"

"Yeah... Can we try to get the dress on?"

"Oh. I am so sorry."

"It's not a problem." I step into the dress.

"Okay, Jay is waiting outside by the pool, so you can walk down the steps. This gives me the perfect time to take pictures."

"Okay."

"Alright. Start walking down in sixty seconds." She seems more excited than I am.

I start to walk downtown the steps, and my stomach is turning. I hope Jay likes it. As soon as I get out, I see Jay's blue eyes sparkle and his jaw drop. His mom's camera is flashing, but my eyes are glued on Jay. I also have to concentrate on walking. I have his mom's five inch high strappy nude heels on. Once I get to the bottom, I can't help myself. I jump on him and wrap my legs around him. His mom is worrying me. I do not want this to be awkward, but I lift my head up, grab his face, and kiss him anyways. She does not seem to mind. After I kiss him quickly, he says,"You look drop dead gorgeous."

"Thank you. So do you," I reply. This moment is so special. I will remember it forever. I get down, so his mom can take some more pictures.

After she finishes taking a few pictures, she says,"We are forgetting two things."

"What?" Jay and I ask.

"The baby and Lady," she replies.

"Ladyyyyyy," Jay screams. All of a sudden, the most adorable little French bulldog puppy comes running down the steps.

"Oh my gosh!" I yell grabbing the puppy. "You have a girl friend who is a vegan, animal rights activist, and lover of Lady and the Tramp, and you don't tell me you have the most adorable puppy ever?!" I play scream at Jay.

"Actually, she is yours."

"No way!"

"Well, I knew you always wanted a puppy, but your mom would not let you have one. Plus, I know you love Lady and the Tramp, so I rescued Lady."

"You know me so well," I say giving him a peck on the lips.

"Okay pull your dress tight, so I can see the belly," his mom demands. I hold Lady in my left arm, and I pull my dress tight with my right hand. Jay puts his arm around me, and his mom snaps a few pictures. Suddenly, a limo pulls up.

"Jay!" I scream.

His mom snaps a few pictures as we climb into the limo. I hand her my precious Lady.

"Bye Elle! Thank you so much for everything!" I yell out of the window.

Finally... On our way to homecoming.