Part VI

*Above is Jay's house*

The sound of a horn wakes me up. Jay started take me to school because he did not want me to walk. I jump out of bed to get dressed. Everything only takes me ten minutes. Running outside and into his car I ask him,"Why are you here so early?"

"I like getting to school early," he responds. "It is quiet in the halls, and I am not in rush."

"That's cool with me. How is everything?"

"Oh, I wanted to talk to you about something. My dad does not really like the fact that you are fourteen, but honestly, I could not care less."

"One, he doesn't even know me. Two, as long as your mom is okay with it, I could not care less. Three, it is not like we are dating or anything..." I trail off. Are we dating? We hang out, but that does not mean anything.

"Yeah," he replies. "I just thought you should know."

"It's no big deal, but thanks for telling me. Hey. I want to ask you something. I know your are more social than I am, so I wondering if you knew if anyone else knows that I am fourteen."

"I have never heard anyone say anything."

"Good."

We arrive at school fifteen minutes early. Today is the most annoying day of the year, Asking Day. This is the day the majority of boys or girls ask someone to go to homecoming with them. There are always people interrupting classes, lunch, and everything else to ask someone to hoco. I really don't care about homecoming. Finally, after seeing thirteen people being asked to hoco, I get to my favorite class, science. Jay and I are scheduled to present today. We sit down to ask each other questions. I ask Jay questions first. Then, he asks me the same questions. Even though I know all of these things, I still love asking him questions. I finally finish, and he starts asking me questions: what is your favorite novel, what is your grade point average, what is something you strongly believe in, ect. Just as I think we are finished and look over to see Mr.Bond very pleased, Jay stops me.

"One last question," he announces,"Will you go to hoco with me?"

"Yes, of course!" I reply smiling and happy. Deep down, I feel like I am lying to him. Do I tell him I am pregnant or not?

Jay drives me home after school, but I stop him and tell him I want to talk to him at his house. Once I say hi to his mom, we go upstairs. Ugh! Just tell him! No no no. Wait. Until when? You have this baby? Okay it is now or never?

"How do you think it went?" I ask chilling on his bed.

"Good. I am just glad it is Friday. Did you like the hoco ask?"

"Yes! It was so sweet, but not too crazy or cliché."

We chat for a couple more hours, mostly about homecoming. My mom texts me asking if I can come home. Of course, Jay being the gentleman he is, drives me home. I hop out and skip into my house.

"What's up?" I ask my mother. She looks upset. Her eyes look heavy, and the corner of her mouth is turned down.

"I think you need to go ahead with abortion."

"Absolutely not. I am already one fourth of the way there, and I would never kill another human being." 

"Think about it. Your going to look at it and see him. If you have kids, don't you want to be able to look them in the eye? Don't you actually want to have a life? Get married when you are older then settle down and have kids?"

"This baby is mine, and I will keep him or her. I am strong. This is not his baby. This is my baby."

"Not strong enough Jessie!"

"How dare you suggest I kill my baby?! I can do this," I finish pivoting on my heels to leave.

"Jessie where are you going?"

"I am going to Starbucks to have a hot chocolate and chill. I cannot stress out like this while carrying an unborn baby," I fill up with so much emotion and anger. Once I reach Starbucks, I ask Jay to meet me there. A few minutes later, he walks in the door, and I run to him wrapping my arms around him and engulfing him in a huge hug. We need to talk...