Part 18

I lay next to Jay. Don't worry... we have our clothes on just in case his mom walks in. He talks about everything: his mom, the baby, his mom's safe haven thing, his crazy family we are eating dinner with, and me. i nod and listen fascinated with him, but mostly I just want to be with him. I curl up next to him feeling his warmth. With Jay, I feel safe and like I belong. I feel like somehow, we can protect our baby from her condition. Again, I know it sounds stupid, but that is the best way I can explain it. Jay is a talker, but every once in a while, he stops to kiss me or the baby. I keep his hands on my belly which helps me relax. He laughs every time that she kicks or flips.

 Suddenly, his mom walks in. Her eyes are covered and she asks, "Does everybody have their clothes on?"

"Yes, but why would we have our clothes off?" I respond half joking.

"Oh... you two act like I don't know. Of course I know you two have sex. You sleep in the same bed, and he has already taken on the name Daddy. Plus, I know how much you two love each other," Elle laughs.

"Hey mom, come here," Jay demands in a polite way. Elle walks over and sits on the edge of the bed. Jay lifts up my shirt and places her hand on my belly.

"Don't be afraid to push," I say. She pushes her hand down more.

"Oh my gosh! I feel her," she shrieks. The way her face lights up... It makes me wish my own mother was here to do that. We decide to leave for the safe haven now, so we can help for two hours and still have two hours to get ready. I am surprised at how nice the safe haven is on the inside and outside, but the women are worse than I expected. One who particularly stood out to be was a pregnant women who had a black eye and a slashed cheek. I walk right up to her in the cafeteria and giver a hug. 

"Hello sweet girl. Are you new here?" she asks

 "No I am just visiting," I respond. She tells me about how her husband was abusive, so she came here. She also talks about how great Elle is. She goes on and on about how she is such a great woman, provides them with great food, and gives each of the families as much room as possible. After I am done chatting with her, I serve food to every one. I also hold some of the babies to get used to it. One woman hands me her baby, and I think of how I want to hold my daughter... at least once. I play with the kids and talk to all of the women.

 Then Elle asks me if I want to speak in front of all of them to tell my story and reassure them that it can get better. Of course I agree even though I do not want to relive this time. I step up onto one of the tables and project my voice,"Hello everyone. I came here today to help out and get to know you better, but I have a strong feeling that I will leave here with more than I came for. I am fourteen years old, and I recently graduated high school. A couple of months ago, I was raped. A few weeks later, I discovered that I was pregnant with his baby. I struggled for a while. My mother kicked me out because I refused to get an abortion. Then, I found out that my baby has a ninety percent change of dying within her first three days. I understand what you, most of you, are going through. I am not trying to ruin your Christmas by telling you this awful story. I want to let you know that it gets better. Every story has the ability to get better. Now, I have Elle who is basically better, I graduated high school, my baby is doing well considering her circumstances, and most of all I have Jay. Jay is my boyfriend who I love. He takes care of me and my baby. I know that sometimes unfortunate things happen sometimes, but it happens to us for a reason. We can handle it. It has to happen to someone, and we are the only people who can take it and let it make us stronger. Thank you, and have a Merry Christmas. Do you guys have any questions?"

One girl raises her hand and asks," You said that you are only fourteen, so how do you deal with this. Most fourteen year old's cannot even handle their homework."

"That is a very good question. Like I said, it happened to me for a reason. Also, I have Elle and Jay. No offense Elle, but Jay is really the reason that I can actually deal with my problems. we work as a team," I respond. Stepping down from the table, Jay grabs my hands and kisses me. I run my hand on his chest and pull him closer. I pull away from him and stare into his sapphire blue eyes. Little do I know, everyone is staring at us. I put my head on his chest and laugh. I have always been embarrassed to kiss him in front of people.  We leave the shelter, and I definitely leave with more than I came for. To share my story and have it help others is amazing, but I still am so upset about my baby. It hurts... badly. 

When we get home everybody gets dressed. I go into our bathroom and put my hair in a low side braid. I curl the ends of the braid and the little pieces I left out to frame my face. After that, I pull on a red dress that is very plain. It is three quarter sleeve, cotton, and flows at the waist. I put a little bit of makeup on, and knock on Elle's door. 

"Oh no!" she shrieks. 

"What is it?" I ask. 

"You cannot wear that. I am sorry, but it just will not do. You need something fancier," she explains while running into her closet. She comes out with a long silk red dress with a high slit, low v, and open back.

"Whoa, I am sure Jay will love it, but don't you think this is too sexy and fancy," I ask.

"No. trust me. There will probably be a lot of sexier dresses, and our family is different to say the least," she reassures me. I put on the dress, and I guess it is not as sexy as I thought it would be. Elle adds to by makeup by doing a smokey eye and red lips. While I wait for Elle to get ready, I go upstairs and lay on Jay's bed. I sit there trying to look sexy until he gets out of the bathroom.

"Oh my gosh," he moans while dramatically falling to his knees. He crawls over and up onto the bed towards me. I put my black pointed heels to his face just like The Wolf of Wall Street. 

"Don't do this to me," he begs. 

"Do what?" I whisper puckering my lips and talking in a low sexy voice.

"Lay on my bed in a sexy dress, acting all sexy, and looking sexy, and expect not to have sex with you," he explains.

"I am going to make you wait until we get home because this is the first time I have ever looked this sexy, and I want you to show me off to your family. I want them to be proud of you," I tell him.

"Torture," he yells while putting a hand on my side. 

Elle walks in and asks, "What's torture?"

Jay snaps up and so do I. "Nothing," we laugh. We are jump into the Lamborghini, and head to this house. The mansion we pull up to is astonishing. It is even bigger than Elle's, and it has a huge ballroom. Everyone is eating and dancing in the ballroom. Immediately, a bunch of people run up to us and give Elle and Jay kisses on the cheek; however, I never let go of Jay's hand. There are a lot of pretty girls here. Considering there are probably a thousand people here, I would hope that some of them are pretty.

Jay pulls me in front of him, and introduces me," This is my girlfriend, Jessie."

All but one of them tell me how gorgeous I am and how lucky Jay is to have me. The one that did not stares at me with an evil look. "Wow, you never showed me off like that," she snaps at Jay.

"Whoa, you two were a thing?" I ask.

"Yeah babe, but it was for like five seconds," Jay reassures me. 

"Yeah, and he never got me knocked up," she hisses.

"Maybe it is because your a bitch," I snap. "Let's go," I continue grabbing Jay's hand and pulling him onto the ballroom floor. It is a huge of French style mansion. It has big grand staircases all around the ballroom. I watch Elle glide across the dance floor in her Kelly green lace dress.

"I am sorry I flipped like that, but for her to bring my baby into this," I explain.

"Don't worry. I have some stories to tell you about her later," he laughs.

"I almost punched that bitch..."