Part VIII

*Above is a faint picture of homecoming!*
I decide that I would rather just order my dress online. I pick out a navy blue dress that flairs out to hide the bump. (Check last chapter to see the dress)  All this dress shopping has made me hungry. In the refrigerator, there is salad and anything you can thing of, but I decide that all I want is some French fries from Burger King. Cravings starting to kick in makes this all very real. Luckily, BK is basically right across the street. I run over and get three veggie burgers and two large fries along with a large Sprite and a medium Coke. As soon as I get home, I devour two of the veggie burgers, one and a half large fries, and the entire Sprite. My mom eats the rest of the fries, the extra veggie burger, and the Coke.

My baby is telling me I need some sleep, so I go upstairs and take a long hot shower. The burning hot water feel amazing on my skin, and I rub little circles around the bump. He or she is special to me. Yesterday, I decided to sign up for a website that sends you emails about your baby. Today, I got an email that my baby is ten weeks old. He or she is the size of a prune, and he or she is finally moving, but you can't feel it.

After I shower, I climb into bed. I am going to do this. This baby is mine, and he is behind bars for what he did. This baby is in no way, shape, or form his.

*Fast Forward One Week until Hoco!*

Today, we basically have no class. We are at school, but everyone is just talking. Each teacher chose two kids to decorate the gym. Luckily, Jay and I both were chosen. Our theme this year is A Night In Paris. The school even got enough money to buy a twenty foot tall cardboard Eiffel Tower. Everything was decorated to perfection. after everything was said and done, we got let out early. Jay drives me to his house where his mom insists on getting me ready since my mom HATES school dances.

She does my hair and makeup very subtle, and it looks gorgeous! Basically, it is how I did my makeup the night we went to Chipotle, but she added T Swizzle red lips. I want so badly to tell her. Secretly, she is my second parent since my dad was never around. Go ahead! Tell her!

"Elle," I manage to choke out feeling nervous as ever.

"Yes pumpkin spice latte?" I love nicknames she gives me.

"I am pregnant." She stares at me with a blank expression. "The baby's father is not James."

"Honey, you are only fourteen."

"I did not plan this."

"I had James when I was two years older than you, and I said the same thing."

"No... I...I... Was ra-"

"Oh honey, I am so sorry. I understand now. Please forgive me."

"It is not a problem. You did not know." Jay interrupts us and asks me if I want to go to the game. I feel like I should go to support him especially because he is the quarterback .  I reply "Of course! Your mom can finish my hair when I get back."

Jay and I leave for the game. He looks gorgeous in his uniform. I hope I look cute all decked out in my Bears sweatshirt. The game goes well until the last four minutes of the last quarter. We were tied up for almost two whole quarter until the other team suddenly got a touch down. Now, they are ahead seven points. We need to get a touchdown. We tie it up again quickly. My stomach is doing flips. I don't want Jay to be upset tonight. One more touchdown please. Jay makes a beautiful pass to number forty-seven. He takes it and runs. I don't know much about football, but this seems incredible. No one can catch him.

"Touchdown! WooHoo!" everyone screams.

With only thirty six seconds left, we get the field goal and win the game. Everyone runs onto the field. I find Jay and jump on him wrapping my legs around him. Staring into his beautiful blue eyes, I realize that he is the one. He reaches up underneath my ear and behind my neck. The warmth from his hand feels good on my frozen skin. He pulls me down to kiss him. Not just any kiss. It is special and passionate. His lips taste like peppermint while mine taste of strawberries. I wish I could kiss him longer, but I think it would be weird I front of everyone on the field.

"Go," I tell him. "The rest of your team needs you."