Part 22

"Jessie, stop overreacting. Please just listen to me," he pleads setting his arm around me and pulling me closer.

"NO! Stop talking to me like you are my parent," I scream. I am so frustrated with him. All I want is to be away from him. He grabs my waist and pulls me in. "Stop it!"

"Jessie please," Jay begs. The crystal blue in his eyes fade away, and the corners of his mouth turn down. "You've been through too much Jessie," he sighs desperately.

"All the more reason for me to want my mom," I defend myself.

"Please Jessie, Can we talk about this later?" he asks sitting on his bed.

"Sure," I give in jumping under the covers and sitting on the opposite end of the bed than Jay.

I wake up quite exhausted in the morning. My life seems to have depleted right in front of me. Nothing matters anymore. I could get hit by a bus, and it would not really matter. I feel as though I have already been hit by a bus. No one truly knows what it feels like. Jay and Elle have a slight idea, but nothing compared to mine. Rising from my bed, I pull on the maternity jeans and a cable knit winter sweater before walking out of the door. 

Heading over to my mother's house, I walk through the frigid winter air. Once I get to my mother's house, I see something is wrong. The door is wide open. Upon entering, it becomes obvious that someone has been here. The couch is flipped over, all the doors are open, and everything is on the floor. Someone was here, and they took my mother. But it seems as though they were looking for something... jewelry, money, what was it? I told Jay! I knew something was wrong! Running home, I open my cell phone. The first thing that comes up is Jay. "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" he texted. I click on his name, and it calls him. "Where are you?" he screams into the phone.

"Please come pick me up at my mom's house babe. I love you," I whisper closing the phone. What is normally a five minute drive takes him two. He practically jumps out of the car before it even stops moving.

"Why don't you listen to me?" he shouts picking me up and crashing his lips into mine.

"I think I should be asking that question," I whisper into his ear. He wraps his muscular arms around me tighter. For a second, I want to pull him into the car and have my way with him, but I have to stay focused. "Jay look," I motion towards the door.

"Whoa," he gasps. "We  should call the police."

The police show up and ask questions. As Jay and I drive home, we call Elle to tell her. I am so nervous that my mother is in trouble. I want her safe with me.

"I am sorry," Jay whispers into my ear. I plant a small kiss on his lips.

"I just want everything to be better," I cry into Jay's neck.

"I know babe," he traces his fingers over my back.

Eventually, I drift off in his muscular hold, and I sleep until the morning. I wake up to Jay still holding me. It is ten o'clock, and I fell asleep at four yesterday. "You stayed with me this entire time?" I asked exhausted.  

"Of course," he smiles. "Today is the day for your photos."

"Oh yeah," I laugh; however, it hits me like a ton of bricks. Elle got me these pictures because she knew I might not get any more of my baby. As I walk downstairs, I see a ton of people dressed in black. The entire downstairs has been set up into a hair and makeup room.

"What is all this?" I ask Elle. She is dressed in a long blue gown that is skin tight, and her make is a smoky eye.

"Hurry, we have to get you ready," she explains. I have four people working on my hair just to curl it, and a girl named Jenny does my makeup. They turn me around, and I look at the mirror. This is the most beautiful I have ever looked. Jay comes walking down the stairs. He looks so beautiful. His suit, hair, and everything else is perfect. He runs over and kisses me. I kiss back harder, and everyone begins to stare at us. I want to pull away, but his kiss, hiss touch, the feel of his skin are the only things keeping me alive right know. They throw me in a high slit, flowy dress.First, we take pictures of the steps. Most of them are just me, but Elle and Jay jump in for a few. My personal favorite one is the one of me and Jay. It is candid. I was laying on the ground, and with one leg bent up. Jay leaned down to kiss me. For a moment, everything felt perfect. Suddenly, I am snapped back to reality.

"Okay, we are moving out," the photographer yells. Before I know it, I am up posing in front of Elle's wall of roses. Posing for what seems like seconds but is really hours, I start to become tired, and I think everyone can see that.

Just as I thought we were done, the photographer tells me that we are getting in the pool. Jay pulls his suit off with my help. I kiss his neck and his shoulder down to his chest. "Okay," Elle screams in disbelief. Without anyone seeing, I bite his chest. Later...  I think. Surprisingly, he had a bathing suit on under his suit. He picks me up and walks over to the pool. Then, he jumps in. The water feels cool on my skin. Jay holds me close to keep me warm. We pose until it gets dark. After looking at the pictures, I am convinced it was a day well spent. 

The "crew" gathers around by the fire outside after all is said and done. Johnny, being the photographer he is, continues to take pictures. Jay comes back outside and sets a warm towel around me. Suddenly, I remember how shitty my life is right now.