Chapter 1.5 - Constantine's Words

"Alright what are we doing here?" I crossed my arms over my chest, we were at my old school. Back when I was in the fifth grade, we were at the cafeteria.

"You'll see." he sighed and just stared off into the distance. I followed his line of sight and found what he was looking at.

"Is that supposed to be me?" I said as I walked towards the little girl who was eating alone in the corner. I remember this day, it was the first day at school and my mom had chewed my head off for not putting my clothes on properly. It's quite formidable.

"It's not supposed to be you," he said as he followed me. "It is you."

I looked at the girl closely, and then three girls stood up from a table and walked over to my table. I looked up, they started having a conversation. They introduced each other, and I realized who the other girl was.

"Geneva..." I breathed. I recognized her beautiful nine year old self immediately.

"Indeed." Constantine said as he stared unmovingly.

"We were friends?" I whispered, suddenly not believing everything that I'm seeing. "I don't remember her in that memory..."

"Yes, you were and you forgot about that. Didn't you?" he said softly and I nodded, tears welling up in my eyes. "Now why is that?"

"It's because she's been tormenting me ever since the sixth grade!" I bit my trembling lip. Tears were not spilling from either side of my cheeks yet. I burried my face in my hands.

"She did, and she regrets it. She knew she had to stop but her friend or at least one that pretended to be made her do the things that she never wanted." he sighed. "It's a shame."

Then the scenery disappeared and changed. I was back in that black abyss and that's when I started choking on unshed tears. This cannot really be happening to me.

"THIS ISN'T REAL! NONE OF THIS IS REAL!" I wailed.

"Humans are weird." Constantine tutted under his breath. "They kill themselves and then they don't believe that where they are is the real deal."

"BECAUSE IT ISN'T!" I argued, he squatted down so we were eye to eye.

"Now, how would you know that?" his face twisted into a sneer. "You haven't died to see the other end yet, now you have and you can't accept it. There's a reason why I'm showing you this."

"THEN. WHAT. IS. IT?!" I screamed through gritted teeth.

"Do you know what I am?" he asked, staring at me peculiarly. Waving off my question.

"No..." I shook my head.

"I'm a Guardian, a neutral creature of Heaven and Hell. Do you know where you are?" he said. I shook my head, unable to get words out.

"You're in the purgatory, Morgan." he smirked. "You are aware that you killed yourself, correct?"

I nodded, sadly. "Do you know why you're here?" He asked me. Again, I shook my head.

"You are here to watch the people that you have left to cope up with the fact that you killed yourself. You may think that you have no effect whatsoever to them, but you do. Geneva was just the first." he said, sounding quite bored.

"There are more like her?!" I gasped, shuffling to my feet. He nodded, not really showing any emotion.

"There are, you had quite a lot of people to blame for leaving earth. It is my job to show you each and one of them and how their lives are gonna be without you in the picture." he said, standing up as well.

"Why are you doing it?! What good would that be?!" I exclaimed. "You'll just torture me with regret and guilt!"

"It will make you realize what your standing in the world is, how your life has made an impact on others before you move on. After each person, you will understand them and if you understand them, you will understand yourself." he started walking towards the blackness again, I followed close. I simply nodded, trying to process his words.

"Before we proceed, any more questions from the group?" he raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to ask questions like a kid at any end of a tour.

"What happens when this is finished?" I croaked, he smiled at the question; seems it was the question that he wanted to hear.

"That is the question, isn't it? You'll just have to find out." he showed me a hint of a grin, holding out his hand again. "Now are you ready for the second one?"

00:47:51