Chapter 7.3 - His Death

I was crying, walking my way back from my classroom, heading towards the door when someone grabbed my arm. I looked to see who it was only to find Vin, he’s fourteen now and his eyes were filled with concern. He took my face in his hands and wiped the tears away.

“Why are you crying?” he asked. I shook my head. “If they made you cry again, so help me God, I will beat them up -“

“No! It’s okay, there’s not need for that.” I whispered. He dropped his angry expression for a sad one.

“Are you sure?” he asked. I nodded. He pulled me close to hug me. “You can’t stop me from wanting to look out for you. I want to make sure that you’re alright. I’ll always be here to protect  you, okay? That’s a promise.”

The scene changed suddenly.

It was raining really hard, it was getting late, I was just by the treehouse, unbeknownst to me while I was sleeping. My mother knocked on the door and woke me up, told me to get dressed up, preferably my nicest black dress. I hated that black dress, it was the only one that I had, one that I wore at my father's funeral seven years ago.

My mother drove me to a small Cathedral in the heart of the town, I looked around there were people entering wearing black. Oh, we are attending a funeral, alright. Whose funeral though? I looked around as I walked inside then I saw his parents, crying. I knew it, I knew and I didn't tell myself. Before I get to see his coffin, I ran out of the Cathedral and then the scene changed.

Vin was there with his dad, they were having a heated argument, my eyes narrowed as I spotted his dad aim the gun at him. Vin stunned by his father's move blinked at his father repeatedly. "So you do want to kill me. Don't worry, I'm going to die, I promise. Just not by your hands." in a blink of an eye, he took the gun from his dad, now his dad was on the floor, and he aimed the gun to his head. "Tell her I'm sure, I finally know what being in love means. Tell her I love her." and then he shot himself. My eyes widened and yelled: "VIN!" I ran towards the falling body of Vin but it was only a memory, possibly his father's. I couldn't catch him. And everything changed.

00:02:00