Chapter 4.2 - His Reasons To Die

I was walking down the street after thinking thoroughly, slightly remembering I should buy my mother's alcohol. Maybe I shouldn’t do it. After all they aren’t worth it anyways. I should probably go to my guidance counselor tomorrow, maybe he’d make sense of all of this. I contemplated these thoughts as I walked back home. The streetlights were broken in this part of the town, for some reason, they haven’t been eager to fix it. I suddenly felt a pair of arms encase me. I struggled, but they cupped my mouth, I feel insanely tired all of a sudden and I blocked out.

We were standing a few feet away as Lio carried me, I saw my eyes roll back and my head lull back. His house wasn’t that far from here. I clamped a hand to my mouth, remembering how easily he got me. I’m too stupid to function.

“You’re too stupid function?” Constantine echoed my thoughts. I shot him a look to not mess with me right now. “This isn’t what you’re supposed to be seeing anyways.”

He took my hand and the scene changed, disappearing like sand being blown away in the wind. I was suddenly back at school, I was on the floor, crying. I hugged my knees close to my chest, it was the day that they decided it was time to get rid of me. The halls were empty and I was the only one there, school ended a long time ago, I can’t really cry at home. But that’s another story.

I saw someone walk out from the door, I scrambled to my feet. He looked at me in alarm as well, and he relaxed a little bit shooting me the familiar grin he always gave me. Then his expression completely changed when he saw my face. “Morgan? What are you still doing here?” he asked, taking a few steps forward. I flinched back making him stop dead in his tracks. “What’s wrong?”

“Get away from me, freak.” I muttered, loud enough for him to hear. Hurt flash across his eyes.

“What?” he asked, taking another step forward. I moved backward, picking up my backpack from the ground. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

“Get away from me! When were you planning on telling me that you kidnap people for your on whims?!” I yelled, I gave him a wary look but he returned it with hurt and confusion.

“I don’t know what you mean!” he raised his arms in defense.

“Don’t play innocent with me! I heard a few girls talking, they have a restraining order filed against you!” I yelled, moving away from him.

“And you believe them?” he asked, looking disappointed. 

“You never gave me a reason not to, Kleptomaniac.” I whispered.

“I thought you were my friend.” his voice breaking, he was on the verge of tears.

“I was never your friend.” I said, turning around and leaving him behind.

I watched as he looked at my receding back, then when I was completely out the door his face changed from tearing up to a sneer. He grabbed his glasses and threw to the floor, crushing it with his foot. His eyes turned dark, and he hit the nearest locker with his fist, it was dented when his fist left it. He turned around and went into the door that he came in earlier, I took a peek and found a teacher tied to the chair. It was the janitor’s closet, it was dark and the light from the hallway is the only thing that serves as light. She was a new teacher, a substitute and she was the youngest. She was very beautiful and she looked absolutely terrified of Lio.

He leaned in close to the teacher’s face, she stared at him with tears flowing freely down her cheeks. He licked the tears from her face and she whimpered.

“You aren’t going to tell anyone about this, do you understand?” he whispered in her ear. She nodded her head. He turned to look at her, he grabbed her throat. “I didn’t hear you say yes.”

She started gasping for air. “Y-yes!” she croaked, he released her throat and grabbed something from his pocket: a knife. Her eyes widened in horror and he cut the rope that tied her hands and feet. He stared at her until she came to her senses and ran.

A few seconds later, or what felt like an eternity to me, his eyes suddenly widened. He sat on the chair, his head in his hands.

“What have I done?” he asked out loud to no one in particular.

I turned to look at Constantine who was seemed like he was enjoying the spectacle. He caught me staring and he looked startled. “What? Don’t tell me that didn’t turn you on?” he asked, I scowled and headed outside of the dark room. 

“You’re a sick pervert, Constantine.” I muttered. The view changed and we were back at Lio’s house to my surprise. I took a step backward and accidentally hit Constantine. I turned to look at him, he wiped off the expression from his face into the usual scowl and blank face that he gives me.

“What?” he asked.

“What are we doing here? And why the fuck was that?!” I asked, talking about the event with the teacher.

“Isn’t it obvious?” he asked.

“Which was obvious: a) Lio was a sick sadist or b) he has a kidnapping fetish since he was a kleptomaniac?” I asked. He scowled.

“He has a multiple personality disorder, he literally becomes a different from one second to the next, it’s like he forgets everything that happens when he’s in the whole ‘oh, look I’m a very hot sadist, you shall be mine’ phase. It’s pretty hard to control, I can’t really imagine his troubles.” he said. My eyebrows furrowed.

“He has a disorder?” I asked.

“Yeah, and I don’t think he knows about it. That’s it’s ultimate reason to die, it only got worse when you called him a freak, nice going there Morgan.” he said sarcastically.

“How was I supposed to know?!” I asked.

“You’re not supposed to, he doesn’t even know it, so the chances of you detecting is quite slim. I mean he’s pretty wounded with your words, turned you into a target in his mind. He came to senses after three days though and released you. But then you decided to kill yourself and that’s a whole different story for him.” he pointed out. “You didn’t understand what he was going through and you said those insensitive words. Poor guy.”

“Don’t expect me to sympathize with you, you’re not the one he kidnapped!” I yelled, turning away. 

I was already a feet away when he said: “I’m not expecting you to, you have no compassion and understanding for yourself so I don’t expect you to have any left for other people.” he said. I stopped dead in my tracks, I didn’t realize tears were running down my cheeks. I didn’t notice Constantine moved in front of me, until he was taking my hand. “Let’s move.”

00:20:54