Chapter 1.3 - Her Death

"Don't you think we should stop Stanley? They've been gone for hours?" Geneva asked Glamour.

"Oh, please. That girl should just enjoy it. It's the only thing she can get out of a guy anyways, it's not like anyone would want to be with her, let alone sleep with her." she scoffed.

We were by the school parking lot, they were sitting in Geneva's car or rather not her car after what I saw. She looked uneasy, unsettled like she needed to do something. "Maybe we should just end it, it's gone far enough." she opened the door, trying to step out when Glamour took her hand and gripped it tight. She winced in pain and glared at her friend.

"Do you want me to tell everyone else your precious little secret, Gen?" she hissed, her face coming in close. "Do you want them to look at you in disgust? If you save her, I promise I will end your social life so quick, you'd think it wasn't even there."

Geneva contemplated a few seconds before pulling the door close, driving away from the parking lot. The scene changing like a mirage and now we were standing in front of a different house. It was beautiful and you could tell that it was expensive. I didn't know exactly where we are.

"Geneva almost killed herself, but her mother told her out of it. No one would take care of her mother if she died, you see. Her brother is in no condition to take care of her, so she gave the most motherly advice anyone can give their child: 'Call the fucking police, because your brother is a maniac, you should have done this a long time ago.' so she called the police.

"He go arrested, a charity helped them and they were doing pretty alright. Her mom lived for another six months for what they did. She even got married and adopted children. This is their house. She lived a happy life with regrets of what happened to you of course. But that was all in the back of her head." he said.

"Wait, she adopted, can't she conceive?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Not exactly... it's physically impossible with her wife." he shrugged.

"Her wife?" I asked, my eyes widened. "Geneva's a lesbian?"

"Yes... do you have problems with lesbians?" he quirked an eyebrow.

"No, it's just that, it's a surprise." I breathed. He walked in front of the house and went through the door. I followed as well. There in the middle of the room was Geneva holding a three year old girl, she kissed her forehead. Beside her was a woman with blonde hair, she smiled at the two of them and then smiling at their other child, a boy around the age of five.

"It's no surprise really, her reason was legitimate." he said, staring at the family. I felt bitterness inside me, she shouldn't be happy, not after what she did.

"What's her reason?" I asked, glaring at them. What did I expect when I killed myself? I didn't expect myself to feel bitterness.

"She's assaulted by her brother on a daily basis, if that doesn't make you terrified of guys, I don't know what will." he looked at me like I was insane. I didn't say anything though, just nodded.

"She eventually told her wife about what happened to you and what she did, her wife still accepted her." he said, I said nothing since I have no words.

"Why are you showing me this?" I asked, staring at her family dejectedly. He just smiled and took my hand.

00:53:01