Chapter 2.5 - Constantine's Words

I fell face first on the grass. I pushed myself up, to see Constantine smirking like an idiot. He wiped it off the moment I glared at him.

“Can’t you make the landings much smoother?!” I complained. He ignored me and started walking towards a building. My middle school, I recognized it immediately.

The sun is shining, the birds were chirping and kids were outside playing at the playground.

"What are we doing at my middle school?" I asked, my eyes roaming around. I know almost everyone of the kids that was outside, some were laughing, others were eating, a few are doing their homework and tons are looking over their shoulders for answers.

“I thought I told you to stop asking irrelevant questions?!” he glared. I glared back at him, what is this guy’s issue?! I mean if he was less of a snob I’d actually consider him cute. 

He pointed at a gloomy looking kid that seemed quite familiar, he had really round glasses on, braces, freckles, black hair and...

"Green eyes..." I whispered. "That's him?! That's Stanley?!" I gaped at the child before me, before I can close my mouth another familiar kid stepped into my line of vision. She had short hair that reached her shoulders, round and big brown eyes like a puppy's, a bright smile, and she had these little scars on her wrist. I looked at mine, the whitening scars on top of my pulse.

"That's me..." I gaped again.

"Will you stop talking and just watch." Constantine ordered.

"Hey, can I sit with you? All the other tables are full and they really don't like me anywhere near them so..." 14 year old me said. Stanley stared at me with wide eyes.

"You want to sit with me? Are you sure? The other kids don’t like me too…” he looked at the ground gloomily.

“Well you’re in luck, we’re the same. Let’s be friends.” I grinned, he motioned the space beside him and I sat down. “People call me a slut, what do they call you?” I asked, I took out my sandwich, I had two so I offered one to Stanley. "Do you want one?" He smiled and took it gratefully.

“They call me a faggot.” he said, biting into his sandwich.

“What’s a faggot?” I asked and he laughed.

"Oh my God, he and I were friends?!” I exclaimed. 

“Oh my God, you don’t know what a faggot is?!” Constantine mimicked my voice. I glared at him, ignoring him. 

“WHEN WAS THIS?! THIS IS STANLEY?! THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE HIM! He looks so sweet and innocent and a nerd!" I yelled as I crouched down in front of him.

“Puberty did him well, and oh steroids did a good job too.” Constantine smirked.

"My name's Morgan, and you are?" I held out my hand.

"Brad." he smiled and shook my hand.

"Why is his name Brad?!" I questioned. Constantine rolled his eyes.

"Charles Brandon Stanley. It's his middle name, barely uses it, only tells his real friends that.” he said as a matter of fact.

"I didn't know... I mean, I didn’t recognize him so what he said wasn’t complete and utter bullshit.” I stood up and looked at Constantine. The scenery began to fade, being replaced by the black abyss.

"Hey, Morgan, stop being a wuss. There's much more where he came from. We got to get moving.” he put a hand to my shoulder.

"I don't think I can handle it anymore." I shook my head.

"You have a lot of reasons, and we're gonna go through each and every one of them, I'm sorry but not sorry. You brought this upon yourself, it has to be done. Let's go." he took my hand and we were gone.

00:36:20