Chapter One

Alexis's POV
I rolled over, groaning as I woke up to a grinding, whooshing sound. It sounded like some very sick car engine. I kicked the covers off, climbed out of my bed, going to the window, grumbling about people who did car work at nine a.m. on a Saturday. I stopped, shocked. He was here. A battered blue police box materialised outside. I turned away, frightened. Madame K. had always warned me about him, but there was something inside of me that said I should trust him, that he could help me find mum. I pulled my dress and sash over my head, and braided my incredibly long hair. The dress was in the style of a thirteen to sixteen year old gallifreyan. Gallifrey was the home planet of the Time Lords, before that became almost extinct during the last great time war. Suddenly, the door swung open, and two people walked in. A dark haired man, wearing sand shoes (trainers) and a pinstripe suit, and with him was a woman with curly brown hair, wearing a red and white polka dot dress. Mummy (Amy), and Dad (Rory) were put at the bookshop that they ran together. He held a device in his hand that I somehow recognized. It was a sonic screwdriver, and I had seen one like it somewhere before.
"Are you the Doctor?" I spoke up timidly, afraid of what he might say. He looked at me with kind eyes, startled.
"Well, you could call me that. Clara, here, she calls me stupid sometimes. The woman glared at him.
"I do not! I only do that when you start punching or kicking the Tardis instead of actually getting us somewhere." He grinned at me.
"See!? You admitted it!" He was actually quite amusing. He was somewhat like a little kid on a sugar high though. I liked him immediately.
"So you are the Doctor then?" I asked, interrupting them. I don't appreciate people changing the topic. Ever. He looked at me, startled.
"Yes, yes I am. This is Clara Oswald, my 'partner in crime.' And who might you be, and how old are you?" I held my head a little higher.
"Alexis Rose Tyler Williams. And I just turned thirteen today." He looked at me with a strange look.
"Why do you have two last names? Did your mum not take your dad's last name?" I looked down.
"No. Tyler is mum's last name, and Williams is mummy and dad's last name. I'm not adopted, they just got permanent custody of me." He gave me a strange, quizzical look.
"What are your mummy and dad's first names?" I was confused, but I answered.
"Rory and Amy Williams. Why?" He went pale.
"I'll give you an address. Tell Rory and Amy the Doctor was here, and meet me at that place. They can't come with you though. I can never see them again. They'll explain why when you ask them. Please, Alexis, trust me." I nodded. He smiled, slipped a piece of paper into my hand, and turned on his heel and left. I ran to the window. They got in the box, and I heard the grinding, whooshing sound again, and the box faded from view. I changed into a teal coloured top, jean jacket, a white skirt, and boots, heading out to the bookshop. Mummy used to publish books, but now she and dad just sold books. I walked in, finding mummy at the counter.
"Where's dad? I've got a question for him and you." She walked out from behind the counter, switching the open sign to closed, and headed for the back.
"Rory! Rory, where are you? I'd like an answer please! Alex needs to talk to us!" Dad popped up from behind a shelf, only, he was up at the top, on a ladder, shelving books.
"Be right do- whoa-oh!" His foot slipped, and he came crashing down onto a pile of half-empty boxes. He popped back up, rubbing the back of of his head.
"Ow. I'm ok. Right now, I'm just asking to retire early. This isn't quite how I wanted to retire." Mummy pulled him up, kissing him.
"Ew. I had a question for you. Where's this place?" I said, handing mummy the paper. She handed dad the paper, giving him a warning look.
"Who gave this to you?" Dad asked, reading it, and handing it back to me.
"A- a man. He just appeared in a police box. He said he was a doctor. He told me he could never see you again, and that you could tell me what happened." Mum and dad sat down and told me the whole story. They had travelled with the Doctor for about two years, and then they had to stay in New York, due to paradoxes caused by them and weeping angels.
"We tried to adopt you because we do love you, but also because you're a Time Lord like the Doctor is. That's why we tried to teach you about them as much as we could. We've found your mum, but she's in London, in the future." Mummy said. My head was spinning. I'm an alien. That was the last thing I remembered before I passed out cold.

Author's note
I do not own any of the characters that are from the BBC show, Doctor Who. Alexis is my creation, so please don't use her anywhere else. All rights reserved.- christianwhovian