Chapter Thirteen

Luke's POV
                             As Alexis and I got ready, I couldn't help but be nervous. Her mum was getting married to the Doctor today, and she was the maid of honour. Her bridesmaids were Jenny and Clara. I was, for some reason, the best man, and Jack and Clyde were the groomsmen. Alexis came out in a pale pink dress that stopped just below her knees. It was a little flowy, and it had lace shoulders. She had a small bouquet of pink and yellow roses, and her hair was curled and fell around her shoulders. I stared, and she stopped and blushed.

       "What? It's not that big of a deal." I smiled, offering her my elbow, which she placed a hand on.
       "You look beautiful, Alexis. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." She blushed again, and the Doctor came in the room.
        "Ah, Alexis. Could you tell me where you mum is?" She giggled.
        "I could. But you're not allowed to see her yet. You've just got to wait." He sighed, smiling a bit.
       "Ah, well. Worth a try. Let her know that we're 10 til, would you?" She nodded, and he headed out. Just then, Rose came in the room.
       "I heard that. I was getting ready to come in, but I heard him. She smiled, and took my hands.
       "I wanted to thank you and your mum for helping with this. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it." We talked for a few more minutes, and then, it was time. Jack, Clyde, and I went in, standing with the Doctor. Clara came in first, and I could see Jack grinning. Then Jenny came, and then Alexis came in, and then, right behind her, was Rose. She and Alexis both had pink and yellow roses, but Jenny and Clara had one or the other. Alexis winked at me, and I could feel myself blushing as Clyde nudged me. Then, the ceremony began. I tuned it out, imagining what it would be like if Alexis and I ever got married. Then, I mentally slapped myself.

     "Come on, Luke! It was only one kiss. That doesn't mean that she loves you now." I thought to myself. Then, Clyde nudged me again. The ceremony was finishing.

     "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The Doctor grinned, and I could tell he'd been waiting for this. Rose's eyes grew wide as he dipped her down to one side and kissed her. There was a lot of clapping and cheering, and Jack wolf-whistled at that. The Doctor pretended to glare at him as they came back up, and Rose took his arm, and they headed back up the aisle. I took Alexis's hand, Jack got Clara, and Clyde, Jenny, who was not okay with being escorted. We had some pictures done, and then went to the reception. Thankfully, I was not asked to give a best man speech. Everyone started dancing, and mum came up to me.

      "Are you not going to ask anyone to dance?" I blushed.
      "Maybe. I could ask you." We both laughed, and she gently nudged me.
      "What I mean is, you could ask Alexis. She doesn't have a partner, and I know you like her." I chuckled.
       "You're not going to leave me alone until I do, are you?" She shook her head.
       "Just go for it." I took a deep breath, and walked over to her. She was standing beside K-9, who tagged his tail when he saw me.

        "Greetings-master-Luke." I smiled at the robotic dog.
        "Hello K-9." I smiled at Alexis, who brushed a strand of hair out of her face and smiled.
        "Hey, Luke. What are you up to?" I grinned.
        "Oh, same height as usual. You?" She gently punched me, smiling.
        "Not much. What brings you to this side of the room?" Another song, a waltz, started, and I bowed, holding out my hand.

         "May I have this dance, m'lady?" She blushed, accepting my hand, and I led her out. Her mum and now step-dad were dancing as well, and her mum winked at me. I took a deep breath, bracing myself for what I was going to ask next.   

          "Alexis? I've got a question for you. I know we've only gone out a couple of times, but....." She grinned at me.
          "That's on your rear. What's the question?" I rolled my eyes.
          "Alexis, would you be my girlfriend?" She looked at me, a look of awe on her face.
          "Why did you even ask me that?!" My heart sank, and I opened my mouth.
          "You should've known I'd say yes!!" I sighed, and she giggled.
          "You thought I was turning you down, weren't you?" I chuckled.
          "Maybe. Kind of. Okay, fine. Yes, I did. Happy now?" We both laughed, and I spun her around. Her dad finished dancing with Jenny, and then came over to Alexis.

         "May I have this dance, my dear?" I handed her off to him, smiling as she leaned her head against his shoulder as they danced. Things couldn't be better. Alexis and I both had wonderful families and amazing friends. And, we had each other. I just wanted things to stay like this.

          Author's note- Hello again! What did you think? I'm going to skip ahead to when Luke and Alexis are 22 and 21. They've both graduated college, and they've been dating for the last five years. And yes, he's going to propose to her. Answers to last chapter are....Rory and Amy Williams are the Doctor's in-laws, and David Tennant's father-in-law is Peter Davison, who played the fifth doctor. Next question! Who is David Tennant's wife, and who did she play in Doctor Who? Plz vote and comment! Love you guys! - Craver_Priceless.

       Rose- I love you! *crying*
       Doctor- Quite right, too. And I suppose, if it's my last chance to say it. Rose Tyler-
       Rose- *sobs*  

       The Doctor and Rose at Darlig Ulv Straden (Bad Wolf Bay), from Doomsday.