Chapter Sixteen

Alexis's POV
We arrived at the hotel, and checked in. We would stay there for the night, and then finish the trip. We were heading for Ireland, as we had only been there once, and both wanted to go. Luke smiled at me, taking his suitcase in one hand and my hand in the other. I picked up my suitcase, following him in. We simply had fish and chips at a little seaside restaurant before we headed back to the hotel. We changed, and all of the sudden, he kissed me.

"Well then, Mrs. Smith. Shall we enjoy tonight?" I blushed, returning the kiss.
"So it's Mrs. Smith now, is it?" He laughed.
"Well, you're the one who married me, am I right?" I smiled at him, his hand on the back of my neck.
"Yes, I suppose I am. And you're trying to be romantic, aren't you?" He gave me a sly smile, wrapping his arms around me. The sun was going down, and we collapsed onto the bed, watching it set slowly. As it got dark, he turned to me, smiling, and he kissed me again.

"Shall we?" I took a deep breath, smiling, and we started. And that night was like the day. The best that I had ever experienced in my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke the next morning, snuggled under the covers beside a sleeping Luke, who had the hint of a smile on his face. I smiled, kissing him, and one eye slowly opened. He smiled at me, kissing me, and opened both eyes.

"Good morning, love. Sleep well?" I kissed him again, and we both sat up.
"Fairly well. Once I got to sleep, that is. And that part is your fault, by the way." He stood, pulling a shirt over his head.
"My fault? I think you were part of it, weren't you?" I chuckled.
"I think you led the charge. Now, what are we planning on doing today?" I pulled my top over my head, and he kissed me again.
"Well, we have about a three to four hour drive to get to get to Edinburgh, hour long plane ride, and then maybe a little sightseeing. And perhaps we can repeat last night." I smiled, closing up my suitcase and slipping my shoes on.
"Perhaps. We're expected back a week from Friday. We don't have to go back then, though." He laughed, picking up my suitcase.
"I think if we don't go back, we will have your dad and mum and my mum on our tails in 2.5 seconds." I smiled, rearranging his suitcase so that everything would actually fit in it.
"What are you doing? Lexa! It all fit! What did you have to go and do that for?" I smirked.
"You had to sit on it to get it shut." I closed it, and it clicked.
"And now you don't have to. There. One properly packed suitcase. You know we can leave them up here and come back for them after we finish eating." He turned a little pink, setting it down. We headed down, hand in hand. I was perfectly happy right now.

Luke's POV
I slipped my hand in hers as we headed downstairs, and I followed my nose towards the food. We sat down, having eggs, bacon, toast, and a cup of tea. Afterwards, we checked out, and we were off. It was still a bit odd, the fact that I was now married. I snuck a glance at Lexa, who had dozed off in the passenger seat. Yesterday and last night had been wonderful. I smiled, looking at the road. Then, my mobile rang, but Lexa didn't even flinch. Mum. I smiled, flipping it open.

"Hi mum. You alright?" I heard an electronic voice on the background on the other end.
"Mr. Smith, would you please stop. K-9 is not bothering you! Sorry. I wanted to let you know that a couple of Slitheen were detected just outside of Donegal, Ireland." I chuckled.
"Thanks mum, but we're not going there." I heard beeping on the other end.
"Alright. Just wanted to let you know. Sorry. Got to go. Jack blew up the toaster again." I laughed, saying goodbye, and Lexa still slept. I chuckled. I didn't think is worn her out that much last night. I gently placed my hand on hers, my other hand still on the wheel. I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful wife. We were going to Dublin, Ireland, and stopping in Edinburgh, Scotland on the way there and back. She slept about half the way, and then we switched and she drove. We started talking about what had happened at the reception, and laughed about some of what happened.

"And then my dad went out and started teaching the kids the drunk giraffe, and he was starting to get a wee bit drunk himself." We cracked up, and I tried to hold back a snort.
"By the end, he didn't seem that he was drunk. How's that happen?" She chuckled.
"Time lords have a trick. We can make ourselves coherent again if we get drunk." I stared at her, shocked.
"Are you still able to do that? Or is that something you're not able to do anymore." She thought for a minute.
"I don't know. I've never gotten drunk, so I wouldn't know. I mean, dad told me I can do that, but I haven't gotten drunk, so I haven't needed to." I nodded. That was true. Then I realized something. We hadn't really talked about kids. It had come up, but something had always interrupted.

"Alexis, I just realized something. We haven't really had a chance to talk about something." She nodded.
"Kids. Am I right? That's what I was thinking about." I chuckled.
"You sure you can't read my mind?" She laughed.
"I'm sure. What all are you wanting to talk about?" I looked out the window, watching the cows.
"Do you want to try, or are you wanting to wait? Because I'm alright either way. I would like to try at some point, but if you want to wait, I'm okay with that." She thought for a minute, humming quietly.
"I do want to try, but I think we should wait about a year. We can try and get settled, find a place to live. But I do want kids. A year or so sound alright with you?" I smiled, looking at her.
"Sounds good to me. And does getting something to eat sound good to you?" She laughed again, pulling into a chip shop. I kissed her, heading in for our food.

"Twelve quid, please sir." I paid, taking the newspaper wrapped chips and the small chocolate cake. We finished just before we got to the airport, and both fell asleep on the flight. We did a bit of sightseeing, like we had planned, and at sunset headed back to the hotel yet again. She showered, and came out. She smiled at me, that warm, loving smile that I saw when we first met. I went over, kissing her, and her fingers gently slid through my hair. My hands made their way to her waist, slipping just under the hem of her top. She gasped, shivering slightly at the touch, but she was smiling. She wrapped her arms around my neck, kissing me again. At that, I gently scooped her up, taking her over to the bed, laying her down. I crawled in beside her, and she tossed the towel from her hair away, getting as close to me as she possibly could. And that night, we got even less sleep than we did the night before. And yes, it was mainly my fault.

Author's note- Hello! And yes, that is as far as I'm going to go. What did you guys think? Alright....Actress who played Sarah Jane Smith was Elisabeth Sladen, and she died of cancer. Who played Rose Tyler, and what else does she do? Love you guys!

Doctor- "Shock! I need a shock!"
Donna- "Right then. Shock. Big shock, coming up."
*Donna kisses him*

The Doctor and Donna, Cyanide Detox from The Unicorn And The Wasp.