Chapter Fourteen

Alexis's POV
It had been four years since mum and dad had gotten married, and things were mostly going well. Mum was expecting another baby girl, and she and dad had agreed on the name Isabelle, which means little beauty in Gallifreyan. Gracie Saxon had helped us bring her father down, and she had married Robbie Kay four years ago as well. They had a two year old boy named Brooks, and were expecting another baby in seven months. Luke and I had been dating for the last four years, and we had talked some about marriage. But right now, mum, dad, Luke, Sarah Jane, Jack, Jenny and I were in the Tardis. Daleks had invaded a hundred years in the future, 2116, and we were going to stop them. Clara, Rani, and Clyde had stayed home. Maria and Clyde had been a thing, until the Sontarans killed her two years ago. Rani and Clyde had just gotten married a month ago, and we're helping Clara with Jenni and James, her and Jack's twins. My sister, Jenny, had been a bitter ever since her fiance, David, had been murdered. She was doing a little better, but was still hurting. Then, Luke came up to me, shaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hey. Tardis to Lexa. You there?" I smiled. He's started calling me Lexa after we started dating, and it was sweet.
"Yeah, still here. What's up?" He took my hand, gesturing for me to follow him, which I did. We got to a specific room in the Tardis, the garden, which was where he'd asked me to be his girlfriend.

"What's going on?" I turned, looking. It seemed like there were more roses than usual.
"Alexis." I turned to him, and he took my hand, leading me to a trellis arch of even more roses. There was a carved stone bench under it, which I sat on. He stood, holding on of my hands.

"Alexis, we've known each other for quite awhile. We've fought what seems like every alien in existence together, but I've never said one thing. Lexa, I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Alexis Rose Tyler, will you marry me?" He pulled out a tiny black box with a ring in there that had one blue gem and a tiny diamond beside it. I stood, shaking my head, and crying.
"I'm sorry." I took off, leaving him there. I ran, tears blinding me, when he caught my wrist. I tried to pull away, but he held on, hugging me.
"Alexis! Hey, what's wrong?" I cried even harder, and I caught my breath.
"Luke, you....you can choose to spend the rest of your life with me, but I can't spend the rest of mine with you. I don't want you to live with someone like me. When you die, I'll still be here. I don't want that to happen." He smiled sadly.
"Alexis, I know. Your dad told me. I'm aware. And it doesn't matter. All I want is to spend my life with you." I sniffed, choking back another sob.
"And I want the same. I want to marry you. I- I just don't want to lose you. I love you too much." He smiled, and I choked down the last of the sobs.
"So, may I ask again? Alexis Rose Tyler, will you marry me?" He dropped to one knee again, and I smiled.
"Yes. Yes, yes and yes again! I will!" He stood, slipping the ring on my finger, and kissed me. It was amazing. Then, we heard Jack's voice over the intercom.
"Alright, alright. Enough PDA, lovebirds. Get moving. Daleks are right outside. We got a visual on Davros, too." We kissed one last time, and headed back, hand in hand. Mum smiled at the ring on my hand, and at our hands in each other's as we headed out. We split up, me, mum, Sarah Jane, and Jenny went to confront Davros and distract him, while Luke, and dad went to destroy whatever it was that he was building. People would be forced in, and it would turn them into human daleks. We entered a room, and the door slammed behind us. Jack was going to create a diversion for all the other daleks, so that we could do this.

"Davros! I know you're here! Is the mighty creator of the daleks afraid of four women? Are you scared of us?" I taunted, seeing a shadow.
"I do not fear you!" He bellowed, coming out.
"Oh. Hello, there. And it would appear that yes, you do. You've got a good twelve daleks hidden around this room, just waiting to kill us. You hid yourself, too. And you're armed. Really? You're not afraid. You're terrified." He screamed, sending a bolt of energy at me, which shorted.
"Ohh.....Your technology isn't working right, is it? Well, here ya go." I pulled out a small disk, like a plate.
"This shorts out any emotion controlled weaponry in a room. Includes daleks! Oh....and you! Also messes up the door controls. And, here's this." I tossed him a glass ball, and Sarah Jane spoke up.
"That was created by Jenny, Luke, Alexis, and the Doctor. It freezes any aliens in a room. But.....they're frozen in time. And you can't deactivate them." I grinned at her.
"That was easy. Well, ta!" I took off, Jenny, mum and Sarah Jane right behind me. We heard Davros and the daleks scream, and then the sound was cut off. They were frozen. We ran towards the other room, and right around the corner, we heard a cry of pain, and a another cry from someone else. Mum and I sped up, and I threw another disk at the daleks. Jack ran in, shooting them. I ran over to dad, who was kneeling over.....Luke. The daleks had killed him, right after he had asked me to marry him. I hit the ground, sobbing. My head on his chest. This couldn't be true!! Why did this have to happen?! It wasn't fair!

Jenny's POV
I ran in to see the daleks busted up, and Alexis on the ground, sobbing over her dead fiance. Then, she choked down a sob, looking up at dad.

"My energy." He looked confused.
"What?" She took a deep breath, and sighed.
"I can use my regeneration energy to save him, can't I? He would make it, but he wouldn't be time lord. I'd still be time lord, but I could grow old, couldn't I? I'd be able to live my life, and then die?" He shifted uncomfortably.
"Well, yes, but...." She looked at him, completely serious.
"Would that be my best chance?" His eyes widened.
"No." Jack rolled his eyes, and I decided to speak up.
"Dad, shut up. Please. Yes, Alexis, yes! It is! This is your best chance! I'm not going to see my little sister have the same fate as I did with the man she loves. Do it." She nodded, and I yanked dad back. As we stood back, and summoned everything in her. It seemed like every ounce of regeneration energy in her body came up. She knelt beside him again, and kissed him, allowing it to flow out of her, and into him. She collapsed beside him, her hand on his. He woke suddenly, gasping for breath. Then, he saw her beside him, and Jack took charge.

"Alright. Everyone back to the Tardis! Luke, get your fiance. She's just unconscious. I'll explain later. Let's go! We may have daleks that are charging because they sensed the energy! Go, go, go!" He shot up, gently picking Alex up and running as fast as he dared. We made it. Luke and dad went to a bedroom, taking Alexis with them. I followed, curious.

"Is she going to be alright?" I heard Luke ask, worried.
"No. She's going to be amazing. I was worried about her marrying you, but now.....I know she loves you, and you love her. She was willing to give up twelve regenerations to be able to live out her life with you. If that's not love, I don't know what is." I slipped away silently. Things were going to be just fine.