Chapter 9: The Pinkie Promise

As William pulled the trigger, no bullets came out. He had remembered that his gun was empty. What ever was in the cabinet heard the clicking of the gun and immediately closed the door quickly. After tucking his gun back in its place. William crouched down. He could hear a soft crying coming from inside. He felt horrible for scarring who he assumed was Jace. William knocked on the cabinet door softly and said in a kind loving voice "Hello? Is anyone in there?"
The crying immediately went. William waited patiently for the boy to come out, then he got an idea. William went to the counter and pulled out a jar of peanut butter and a jar of honey. He assumed the boy was hungry. He made the a sandwich and placed it on a plate next to the cabinet. 

He knocked again and in the same tone of voice said,"i brought you a sandwich. " William waited again. The cabinet door didn't open. He thought it would be best not to force him out. He assumed Jace was already scared enough.

William grabbed a bottle of water and placed it next to the plate saying,"i brought you something to drink. Don't be scared little one." After waiting seven minutes, he decided to try one last thing. William ran upstairs and came back down with a stuffed brown teddy bear.

He sat down once across from the cabinet knocked on the door once more. William held the bear in front of his face and said in a deeper tone. "Hello, does anyone want to share this sandwich with me? I wish i had a friend to eat with. "

Jace didn't recognize the voice and was curious who it might be. Jace loved to make friends and was getting hungry. He opened the door ever so slightly, allowing his eye to peek out. He notice the teddy bear and said in a shaky raspy voice. "H-hello, I'm J-Jace"

William smiled as he notice the door open. He bent the teddy bears arms, making it wave. "W-will you be my friend?"

Jace replied with a yes and slowly crawled out the cabinet door. He noticed the big scary man who picked him up at night and quickly crawled back in.

William sighed and put the bear down. "My name is William. I'm really sorry for scarring you. I would love to be friends with you and i promise I won't hurt you."

After a few minuted Jace opened the door slightly."d-do you pinkie p-promise?" He said with shaky, yet adorable voice.

William was caught off guard and smiled softly, he hadn't made a pinkie promise in a long time. William reached forward and extended his pinkie. He smiled when he saw the little hand reach from the cabinet an wrap it's pinkie around his.

[sorry its short]