Chapter 10 : Follow The Leader

William sat on the floor across the blonde boy. Tears where still flowing from Jace's eyes as he nibbled on the sandwich. Jace had the teddy bear in his lay as he stared directly into Williams's eyes. This was actually making him uncomfortable. Out of everything that he has seen in his life, this made him uncomfortable, being stared down by a boy eating sandwich, not dead humans being eaten by lions.

William thought it was time to break the silence and started to ask questions.

"So...how old are you?" He asked. Jace just stared at him, taking small bites of the sandwich.

"What's your favorite color?"
Again, silence.

William excused himself and left the room. He went into the living room and started scheduling appointments for Jace. After ten minutes, William hung up the phone, only to be scared by Jace. Jace was standing directly behind William, holding the bear to his chest. Jace was quiet. Too quiet to be normal.

William tired to talk to the boy again."I'm gonna go clean the dishes." He turned to walk towards the kitchen and noticed that Jace was following him. After awhile , he got used to Jace following him around. After an hour of cleaning, he sat down on the living room couch and there was Jace, sitting next to him and in a split second, Jace was out like a light. William finally understood was Jace was quiet. He was tired.
William chuckled and wrapped a blanket around the boy.

Ten minutes later, Williams phone was buzzing. He looked to see who it was.
-Call coming in from ASS HAT- 

He pressed answer and held the phone to his ear.

WILLIAM-"Yes Master?"

ASS HAT-"Did you find him?"

WILLIAM-"Yes, he was in the cabinet. I scheduled his appointments for next week"

ASS HAT-"Good, I'm going on a trip for a few days, keep the hose clean, make sure he doesn't get hurt. Also you might have to buy him clothes , so do it"

WILLIAM-"Yes Sir, Stay safe"

With that the call ended. William sighed and closed his eyes , falling asleep.

The next morning, William woke up around nine, sleeping in because Seth would not be coming home. He felt some pressure on his lap. It wasn't heavy though. He rubbed his eyes, looking up to see the young blonde sitting on him.

"Morning?" He said slightly confused.

Jace was still holding the bear close to his chest. "G-Good Morning." He said softly. William was surprised at how soft and gentle Jace sounded when he wasn't crying.

"I need to u-use the b-bathroom. B-but i don't k-know where it i-is." Jace sniffled. Almost like he was going to cry again. William lifted Jace up and off his lap and chuckled.

"I'll show you." He said, "Just follow me."

After taking Jace to the bathroom and awkwardly waiting outside the door holding the bear because Jace thought someone would steal his bear, William decided it was time to feed Jace. He took Jace into the kitchen and sat him at the table.

"What would you like to eat?" William asked as he opened the fridge.

Jace sat at the kitchen table, swinging his feet as he thought. "Can I please have a waffle?" He said as he looked over at the taller man.

"Why of course," William smiled. He pulled out the waffle maker from under the counter and the waffle mix.

After stirring the ingredients together and pouring it into the hot waffle maker, he closed the top. He notice Jace was oddly quiet , and looked over at him. Jace was looking at the bear, touching its fur. William smiled and thought ,'Just like Seth'.

He walked over and sat in the chair next to Jace.

"So how old are you Jace?" He asked.

Jace looked up and raised his eyebrow, his attention changing from the bear to William.

"How old are you?" Jace responded, swinging his feet again.

William thought before speaking. "I am thirty..." He said with a nervously chuckled,scratching the back of his head.

Jace was about to speak, but the waffle iron made a ding. William got up and removed the waffle from the waffle maker, placing it in the plate. He turned the waffle maker off, cut the waffle into small pieces and brought it to the table. He grabbed the syrup and fork , placing it next to he plate before sitting back down.

Jace grabbed the syrup with both hands, and poured it all over the tiny waffle pieces.

William was chuckling to himself as the plate filled with syrup.

Jace ate all of it. His mouth and fingers where covered in the stick substance. "I want to take a bath please." Jace said softly as he looked his hands as he stuck them together, pulling them apart. This made him giggle.

"Alrighty, let's get you all cleaned up." William said as he picked Jace up.